Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Photoshop - altering TW image file size Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-01-2009 at 8:44am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi all

I've put together a tw 4 tour with photos taken outside. I've reduced the images file size for ease of use to about 1.8mb per image.  I now want to edit the images and remove car number plates etc.  When I make the changes, photoshop then asks what quality level I'd like to save it as.  I've been keeping it at 12 - expecting this to give me 100 percent of the image at 1.8mb but instead its coming in at much more. Any ideas how I can simply keep the image at the size it was before? I don't want to end up reducing the quality again.

Cheers for any help.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-02-2009 at 12:38am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Anyone got any ideas? Would be v much appreciated.

-------------

Message posted by DaMan on March-02-2009 at 4:40am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

I have had the same problem with editing with PS.

I suggest making the changes in the original pano.  I use .tiff format until I am happy with the pano.  Then sharpen and compress to jpeg. I uise save for web option and usually compression setting of 8 gives a good result with about 1mb file sizes. 
Try to google it as this is a very common problem.  If you stay with .tiff in your workflow until the end you will not have to deal with it again.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

DaMan

Message posted by prb16 on March-02-2009 at 4:41am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi,

Photoshop seems to do this when re-editing a jpg image. I personally photograph in raw, convert to tif, stitch and then edit the tif equirectangular pano then resize and compress the tif to jpg, but I aways save the uncompressed tif image in case I need to make any re-adjustments.

Hope this helps.

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-03-2009 at 10:44am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cheers - will alter my work flow for next time.

Thanks

-------------

Message posted by emarts on April-08-2009 at 1:20pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Definitely do all your editing to the tif format not the jpg. Everytime you save the file in jpg (even if you set it to 12) you are compressing the image. Eventually, the quality will degrade so much it will look horrible. Do all your edits in a loss-less file format (such as tif) then when you are happy, save as jpg (keeping a backup of the tif file of course).

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register