Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW4 PRO viewer critique....... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on March-03-2009 at 11:00am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I have been complaining about the viewer in TW4 as have others. I have just posted a new tour in the full browser version. http://tinyurl.com/c6bouf  Would love comments and critique on the viewer quality. I understand that over sharpening can cause the "twinkles" and "jumping lines" but I did not do ANY sharpening on any of the images. The images were all Tiff until the last stage of processing to avoid any over compression. The images were reduced in KissMyImage to 1MB each.
If you agree that the viewer is not up to the quality standards we require please leave a comment so maybe Easypano will fix the problem.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Rob63 on March-03-2009 at 12:22pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Hi Jerry,

Looks good.  I personally don't think the sharpening has much to do with the "twinkles".  I think it has more to do with the viewer refresh rate, and maybe the users computer/processor.  You'll notice that the images look fine when the viewer rotation has stopped.  I follow roughly the same proccess with my images.  The TW 4 programmers just have to figure out some way to display Flash content in a more pleasing way - not being an expert on Flash programming, not sure how they are going to achieve this.

Rob

Message posted by DaMan on March-03-2009 at 3:36pm
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Jerry,

Great pictures.  The tour was really jerky on my computer. (Dual core 7500, Gforce 8600GT, 7200 rpm HD)  Also it had the "twinkles".  Another big problem is TW4 DOES NOT predownload the pictures.

As I have said since TW4 release I am sticking with TW3 until they fix 4.  I am starting to wonder if I will have to wait until TW5!! LOL

DaMan

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-03-2009 at 9:36pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Nice tour Jerry - I think TW is getting a little better in terms of the flash viewer, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

I really like some of the new TW4 features such as making the viewer a percentage of the browser window - That will be handy for further development. I'm still using TW3 because at this point, it suits my needs and I don't see a good reason to upgrade.

I wanted to ask though, is there a way in TW4 to control scene descriptions and text after the tour is published? I don't see how it is possible. The configuration info is apparently in the .bin file which is encrypted. I know I recommended this capability when TW4 was in beta. It would be great to have the ability to control more of the tour parameters like the scene description, text boxes, scene order, etc. after the tour is published - I'm really interested in giving my real estate clients the ability to change change these things on their own and I'm sure I could build the functionality in to my current CMS if we could edit these things via a text or XML file.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-04-2009 at 8:22am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Will, I don't think this is possible in any TW product. For myself I don't want the agent to have any control over my product. If they screw it up I am the one that is going to look bad. I use the information they provide and if they want to change it then $$$. I also like the features of TW4 but just can't deal with the viewer.
Thanks to all for the nice comments about the tour. But we still need more comments about the viewer if we expect to get quick action. Easypano is usually very good about fixing things but has been lacking in the viewer area.........

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by neocosmo on March-04-2009 at 9:17pm
View neocosmo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by neocosmo Search   Quote neocosmo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
neocosmo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Japan
October-03-2008
10 Posts
Jerry, isn't your problem a quality in the movie?
Movie (auto play) and walk-throughs are not fixed. (In not only full-screen but also normal viewer)
The corrected viewer quality can be confirmed by the play from the thumbnail.

They said, "Confirmed that the movie not fixed. "
Walk-through should change from that foolish algorithm.

masayuki

-------------
neocosmo

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-05-2009 at 3:18pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Sorry Masayuki, but I don't understand what you mean by "walk-throughs are not fixed" and "The corrected viewer quality can be confirmed by the play from the thumbnail". Also don't understand what you mean by "Walk-through should change from that foolish algorithm". Maybe it's just over my head. The fact still remains that the viewer quality is not up to the standards of the older viewers. Easypano has acknowledged as much and is working on the problem. But they said they hoped to have it fixed last December. But it's not fixed yet!

-------------

Message posted by smooth on March-05-2009 at 11:15pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Jerry,

What exactly is it you don't like about the current viewer?

Is it only when in autopan or all the time?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by neocosmo on March-06-2009 at 7:59am
View neocosmo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by neocosmo Search   Quote neocosmo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
neocosmo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Japan
October-03-2008
10 Posts
My English is an automatic translation. I am sorry for not understanding easily.
It is as Jerry says.
TW4 doesn't reach at the level that can still be used.

I said from the thumbnail because there was no Panorama rotation button of a normal screen. However, it was a mistake.

Please look at Jerry's sample in full-screen.
And, please compare the change pushing "right-button" and "Play-button".
"right" is fixed .
"play" is not fixed yet.

Walk-through quality is not fixed yet.
Everyone will be noticed if it sees with the high specification PC.

The algorithm of present walk-through is a setting at time.
If setting time is 10 seconds, it determines a course in first 5 seconds , and remainder 5 seconds become the zooming in.

The first behavior of 5 seconds changes at which position the button is pushed.
It does hardly do anything or becomes a rapid rotation.

The still picture is the same algorithm, too.
Therefore, the first 5 seconds remain always stopping.

It proposed twice that it be necessary to make it to the algorithm based on a set speed of rotation/zoom In.
There is no answer at all though it has said since the time of TW3.

masayuki

-------------
neocosmo

Message posted by Rob63 on March-06-2009 at 8:37am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Hi Jerry,

I noticed that you don't have a way to restart a scene in the normal screen.  There's a button on the Full Screen to get is moving again, but I can't find a button on the primary screen - The play button starts the "movie" from the beginning.  Otherwise everything looks good - other than the the viewer of course.

Just noticed that you can restart the scene by clicking on the tumbnail again.

Rob

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register