Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: So Long Tourweaver 3 - I give up. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by MikeR on March-29-2009 at 4:15pm
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts
Dear Easypano - I give up, you've beaten me. No matter how I struggle with Tourweaver 3 ... I simply cannot get it to work. Peirre, Genseng - you've tried to help me ... but nothing works on two different machines - the way you say it's supposed to work, and the way the manual says it's supposed to work.

I'll find something else ... I still love Easypano for stitching, I still think it's one of the best pan stitchers out there ... but Tourweaver - sorry, I've tried more updates, and fixes, and your suggestions than I can possibly remember.

TW4 - sorry, from what I'm reading in these forums ... I don't think it will improve my situation.

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by realtor jerry on March-30-2009 at 7:34pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thousands of people are useing TW3. What seems to be the issue's you are having?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by MikeR on March-30-2009 at 10:08pm
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts
Scenes that are laid out to move/rotate/zoom in Movie timeline - that may or may not actually operate, hotspots that sometimes show up, sometimes don't, maybe get HS's on one scene but not the next, if I do get the HS's to show then the scene operators usually fail, exports that randomly do what is laid out in the Movie timeline, most often not, with no rhyme or reason as to if they will or won't. Scenes that sometimes rotate or spin wildly on export even though they play fine from the timeline. Projects that refuse to edit, have to often just scrap and start over. Copy and Paste function in the movie timeline ... that doesn't ... sometimes. Refusal of the software to go from Main to Movie Record mode without first having to click on the Loading Window button???? Enough?
Working on two different very high end laptops - both considered "desktop replacements" - these are no slouch machines. Both running WinXP Pro SP3. Both with all MS updates. Both with Adobe CS4 Master Collection Suite.

Any yes, I have verified that I am working with the latest, last build on TW3.

Yes, I understand many many are using succesfully - but it sure ain't for me and I am getting nowhere. It shouldn't have to be this hard.

Yes, I keep my publish files, project files, scene files separated by directories. Do not believe I have conflicts with various items being written into incorrect directories.

Yes, I understand that this is a tremendously complex sw operation that TW3 creates the code for.

And lastly, yes - I do truly want this sw to work. I've spent $$ for two licenses. Hate to have had to throw this away.

I am open to suggestion ... but ready to scrap it.

And yeah, pardon my obvious anger/frustration ... this and another technical issue have been going on for some time.

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by MikeR on March-31-2009 at 8:20pm
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts
BTW - To Jerry ... do want to say that I sincerely appreciate your effort to reply.

Rest of the Community - I do sincerely apologize for my "temperament". I will "tone it down"... but I am still extremely frustrated.

FWIW-

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by mstoss on April-01-2009 at 7:19am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Mike, I completely understand you and the reason I stick to TW3 is:

1) there is no alternative and
2) I know the pitfalls after all.

Still sometimes awful things keep on happening. E.g.: I created a tour with external Fullscreen-Player (pano2VR), triggered by a TW-action to open URL: The project worked like it should, the client was happy. Some minor text changes should be applied, the project exported once again, checked the changes but not dobble check the whole project. Left for some days. When returning, the client told me, that the updated tour did not open the fullscreen any longer. He was really nervous about that. When I checked the project I found that TW tried to open a path to /sound/restoftheurl instead of /restoftheurl (which still was the valid path in the actions parameter field). This had happened to me before (some month ago), so I knew what had caused this (a bug in TW, just restart and it is gone). But anyway you have to be soooo cautious all the time and if several projects have to be delivered in short time, it's always a risk.

Yours,
Michael

Quote: Originally posted by MikeR on March-31-2009

Rest of the Community - I do sincerely apologize for my "temperament". I will "tone it down"... but I am still extremely frustrated.

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-01-2009 at 11:15am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I also understand the frustration of both of you. I am still upset about the quality of the TW4 viewer. I don't mess with the movie timeline very much so can't help you there. When I have used it it worked fine. But as Michael said above there is not much to choice from, unless you know how to code everything yourself.
Good luck and let us know which way you go.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by MikeR on April-01-2009 at 8:44pm
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll let ya'll know if I ever get this straightened out.

Have been eagerly awaiting release of Pano6 and was thinking upgrade all when it's final - am seriously rethinking.

Still love and believe EasyPano is, for my needs, best - most accurate stitcher out there ... still have hope (;-) ... but am getting ready to look seriously at VRWorx.

Open to comment about that if anyone has experience with.

-------------
-Mike

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register