Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: uh oh. Help me keep my promise Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on March-30-2009 at 10:45pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I might have made a promise that I can't keep. My client wants to embed closeup still images within the panorama. In other words, there will be little icons inside the pano that when clicked, will call up a still image. I swear, I've seen this done somewhere, but can't find a sample anywhere.

Anyone know how to do this?

Message posted by Rob63 on March-30-2009 at 11:18pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

You can do it with TW 4.

You can see it in my tour here: 

http://www.360digitalpics.com/Marbles/360D_Marbles.html

There are a  few "i" symbols within the tour that bring up stills within the tour.

Go to the IMAX theater on the map and the projection room to take a look.

Message posted by emarts on March-30-2009 at 11:22pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
That's exactly what I want to do. Is it easy to figure out? I have TW1.3. It's worth upgrading if it's easy enough to do.

Message posted by Rob63 on March-31-2009 at 7:56am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
Yes, it's fairly easy.  You just add a hotspot to the the 360 image (in my case I used the "i" symbol) and choose pop up image as it's action, then choose an image that will pop-up.

Message posted by Rob63 on March-31-2009 at 7:59am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
There will be a small learning curve with TW 4, and remember it produces Flash tours only, no Java.  Some users don't like the TW 4 scene viewer as much as the TW 3 version, but if you want pop-up images, TW 4 is the only version that will support this.

Message posted by mskp on March-31-2009 at 8:58am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Rob!

Nice tour. Sharp images and fast loading. Congratulations.
TW 3.0 does support the kind of pop-up windows you are using. At least the example you mention from the screen in the Imax theater.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by Rob63 on March-31-2009 at 1:20pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Oh, I didn't know TW 3 allowed that, it's been a while since I've used TW 3.  Sorry for the misinformation.  I stand corrected.

Rob

Message posted by emarts on March-31-2009 at 3:57pm
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Well, Flash is what I need.

So it TW3 or TW4?

Message posted by Vince on March-31-2009 at 7:10pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I voted with my checkbook and upgraded from TW1.25 to TW3.0 about a month ago. I have been very happy with TW3.0. I am not sure that the TW 4.0 users can say that just yet, but when it is all said and done TW4.0 will be a better product. But maybe not just yet.
Vince

Message posted by Rob63 on April-02-2009 at 2:44pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

TW 3 does Flash and Java.

TW 4 Flash only.

That's my understanding.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register