Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Double folders on publish. Why? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by fuzzybabybunny on April-03-2009 at 2:00am
View fuzzybabybunny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fuzzybabybunny Search   Quote fuzzybabybunny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fuzzybabybunny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-03-2009
9 Posts
Tourweaver 4.

When I go to publish a project (let's call it house1) the FileName is house1 and the output destination is C:\Users\Admin\Documents\house1

But it publishes and makes TWO house1 folders, so all the contents are located in

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\house1\house1

This is a pain because if I carry this folder structure to the web, the web address becomes something like

www.mysite.com/tours/house1/house1/index.html

I'd rather it be

www.mysite.com/tours/house1/index.html

Message posted by carol on April-03-2009 at 5:55am
View carol's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by carol Search   Quote carol Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
carol
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
April-21-2004
60 Posts

Please go to Publish settings->General->Output file organization, and check the option Share partial resource(player).

Select following output destination for your project:

C:\Users\Admin\Documents

Name the filename as house1, and publish the project. Then the output destination will be:

www.mysite.com/tours/house1/index.html

-------------
Best regards,
Carol
Easypano

Message posted by fuzzybabybunny on April-05-2009 at 5:34pm
View fuzzybabybunny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by fuzzybabybunny Search   Quote fuzzybabybunny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
fuzzybabybunny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-03-2009
9 Posts
Still does not work.

The problem is in the Publish Settings -> Format -> output destination.

The output destination AUTOMATICALLY puts the filename at the end of the destination address.

If the filename is house1, and I browse to C:\Users\Admin\Documents as my destination and click ok, the output destination automatically changes to C:\Users\Admin\Documents\house1 (it automatically added "house1" to the end), and when I go publish it, it publishes as C:\Users\Admin\Documents\house1\house1

Checking Share Partial Resource doesn't do anything. Why would it? It's used for when TWO tours are published at the same time so that they can share common resources like the viewer.

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-05-2009 at 8:21pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

So you have a folder called 'tour 1' and in it is another folder called 'tour 1'...all I do is take the second folder out and put its contents in the first folder, then rename the tourweaver_tour.html file as index.html...works for me.

Hope this helps.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by fuzzybabybunny on April-05-2009 at 8:46pm
fuzzybabybunny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-03-2009
9 Posts
That's what I am forced to do as well, but it's so pointless and adds an extra manual step to the process. I want to publish my tour directly into my web directory and upload everything in two easy steps, but no, I have to first publish to my web directory, open up Windows Explorer, browse to the folder, paste the second folder into the first, delete the second folder, and then I can finally upload to the web. It's ridiculous.

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-06-2009 at 2:42am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Ah

Would it not just be easier to do this on your desktop and then upload it?

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by fuzzybabybunny on April-06-2009 at 3:50am
fuzzybabybunny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-03-2009
9 Posts
I'm currently doing it on the desktop, but then you've got desktop clutter, temp folders, and you have to do this each and every time you publish small incremental changes to the viewer. Forgot to change the initial FOV of a scene? Gotta republish the whole site and go through the entire copy, paste, delete duplicate folder, etc. thing again.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register