Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: The watermark is ridicules Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Brad Neal on April-08-2009 at 7:31pm
View Brad Neal's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brad Neal Search   Quote Brad Neal Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brad Neal
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-08-2009
4 Posts
I worked all day with the trial version of Tour Weaver putting together a test pano for a client. We have to pitch this thing prior to spending the money. And ok, pretty stupid of me to not do a test-publish before spending all that time.

But anyway, I get the project done, do the publish, and this huge billboard pops up covering the entire project. I know that you can close it, but it keeps popping up every few seconds, eliminating any chance of me actually using this trial to pitch to my client.

Come on guys! This is not a watermark, this thing covers almost the entire screen. I had to kill the whole thing and start over using Pano2VR. I still have to contend with a watermark, but at least the client can see the project.

Message posted by Brittan on April-16-2009 at 11:17am
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
I wouldn't disagree with you, there is a lack of discretion in this annoying message.
The only workaround is to "preview" your tour in front of the costumer.
Second way to make a demo is to capture the preview with a video screen capture... I know this is going to be a video, but you can add comments arrows and some titles to show the software abilities.

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by emarts on April-17-2009 at 9:28am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way. But I think it's a huge mistake previewing a "Demo" version with a customer. It makes you look like an amateur and does not inspire confidence on the part of the customer. If you can't get the full version, then hire someone to complete the tour for you and show that to the customer.

Trial software is for you to evaluate the program, not for previewing in front of the customer.

Message posted by Brittan on April-17-2009 at 12:18pm
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
I agree with you this can be a mistake, but what is wrong, the ability to show an optional tour, when all your 360 have been seen by the customer.
The annoying message is so present and tiring that I'd love for myself to build-up a working version "with a watermark" when work is not yet delivered and a check box that takes it of for delivering the final work.
This is only a point of view

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by Brad Neal on April-24-2009 at 9:18am
View Brad Neal's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brad Neal Search   Quote Brad Neal Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brad Neal
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-08-2009
4 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by emarts on April-17-2009
Please don't take this the wrong way. But I think it's a huge mistake previewing a "Demo" version with a customer. It makes you look like an amateur and does not inspire confidence on the part of the customer. If you can't get the full version, then hire someone to complete the tour for you and show that to the customer.

Trial software is for you to evaluate the program, not for previewing in front of the customer.

The client knows that we are searching for the correct software to complete their job. So, I'm not worried about their impression in terms of them knowing that I am working with a trial version.

I found a workaround by simply taking my laptop to the meeting and playing it back realtime via the trial version.

Still, I think the gigantic watermark is a bit over the top.

Thanks,
Brad

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register