Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Using custom fullscreen menu? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emarts on April-08-2009 at 9:42pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I don't have very good Flash skills so making changes to the fullscreen Flash file is pretty much out of the question for me. I'm working on a tour that has no sound, so the sound button is superfluous. I created nice buttons in the regular screen. Is it possible to continue using them in fullscreen?

When I create a VR from Panoweaver 5, it uses the same menu buttons for both screens. I'd like to be able to do the same with TW4.

Any thoughts?

Message posted by smooth on April-09-2009 at 1:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The fullscreenbar.fla/.swf is not editable apart from changing the "hue" colouring of the buttons. I have pull this thing apart and looked at it from all angles.

You cannot use your own buttons in fullscreen mode.

The best you can do is have no buttons at all in fullscreen in my opinion until such time we can use our own button designs.

The way it is at the moment is pretty sad and outdated compared to other programs.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by emarts on April-09-2009 at 3:38pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Any way to reverse engineer a VR made from Panoweaver 5? It does exactly what I need. It uses the same menu for normal view as fullscreen.

Message posted by smooth on April-09-2009 at 3:45pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Everything can be reverse engineered but it is against the law. That is what the EULA is that you agree to when you install the software.

You should place a request with Easypano support officially.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by emarts on April-10-2009 at 9:21am
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
I'm not suggesting to reverse engineer the software. Just the Flash file I create with it.

But I will follow your suggestion and contact Easypano directly.

Message posted by smooth on April-10-2009 at 10:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by emarts on April-10-2009
I'm not suggesting to reverse engineer the software. Just the Flash file I create with it.

That absolutely would also be against the law and EULA. Contacting Easypano and having them add the feature is the best method. Hopefully they will sort this out.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by emarts on April-10-2009 at 2:10pm
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. And I don't mean to seem argumentative -- I'm just trying to understand. But saying that I can't edit the resulting Flash file is like saying I can't edit the resulting tour that is created with TW. The resulting file, I believe is MY creation, under MY copyright.

A law like that would prohibit anyone from creating anything without hand coding. That would mean that if you create a website using Dreamweaver, then you couldn't edit it in another HTML editor. Or if I create an image in Photoshop, I can't then edit that image in Gimp.

And besides, how can Easypano's EULA be enforceable on a Flash-created file?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

All I want to do is make a Flash menu that can be used in both the normal view and Fullscreen view. I don't think that if I can figure out how to do it, that I am in violation of any law or EULA. Correct me if I'm wrong?

My apologies again. I hope I am not coming across as argumentative.

BTW, I did contact support. Just waiting for a response.

Message posted by smooth on April-10-2009 at 3:54pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sure you can edit the project file however you like with the build program within the rules/laws of the end user agreement license (EULA). What you are not allowed to do is decompile or reverse engineer the resulting final output files.

I didn't make the rules, I'm just explaining them the best way I can.

Lets say you see a nice design in a Flash file that you didn't make and thought hmm, that looks great and decompiled the Flash file and "stole" the portion you though was worth taking and used it for your own work. It is still classed as stealing. If you decompile a file you created with software you have a license for and this gives you access to the developers code that you were never entitled to see you again are breaking the law and the EULA.

I understand you personally don't want to do this, you only want the modify the fullscreen menu bar but, reverse engineering is reverse engineering and that is against the policy of your license.

If you were allowed to have access to the Flash file and all it's make-up you would be offered the .fla version and not just the .swf version.

This is the case with the "Loader" and "Fullscreenbar" within the resource folder of Tourweaver. The problem is as I have already explained is that the fullscreenbar.fla doesn't contain the AS3 that controls the actions it is hidden elsewhere in another file. This make the access to the fullscreenbar.fla file useless apart from changing the HUE of the images that make up the file.

Bottom line, the .swf file is meant to be an un-editable final file. Adobe even state this. Just because decompiling software exists doesn't make it legal to use.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by emarts on April-10-2009 at 6:36pm
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Ah, I get it. My misunderstanding of the resulting Flash file. I thought it was editable.

Okay. What if I were able to (or hired someone who could) create my own menu in Flash? Could I then import that into the fullscreen view? Or am I just asking the impossible here?

I'm not talking about editing anything made within TW. Just importing a Flash (.swf) file created independently. Is that even possible?

Message posted by smooth on April-11-2009 at 5:02am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by emarts on April-10-2009
Okay. What if I were able to (or hired someone who could) create my own menu in Flash? Could I then import that into the fullscreen view? Or am I just asking the impossible here?

I doubt this would work because the commands are in another file and these commands control the panorama. What I call "anchors" that Adobe calls something else I can't think of at the moment is also locked into the same place as the command action script.

Basically you are bashing your head against a brick wall. We need Easypano to amend the Tourweaver program so we can build our own Fullscreen buttons.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register