Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Can VT4.0 handle this? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Brad Neal on April-24-2009 at 10:05am
View Brad Neal's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brad Neal Search   Quote Brad Neal Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brad Neal
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-08-2009
4 Posts
I have a request to create a pano for a manufacturer that needs to have a 360 of an airline cockpit with many hotspots that launch movies, stills, and animations.

The caveat is that the pano must reside within the master flash movie on their webpage, and rather than popup the videos over the top of the 360, they want to actually call a separate page (card) that will contain the movies, text, animations, etc.

Here is a link to a page that our client found, and would like to replicate, only rather that start with a still image, the visitor would navigate via a pano of a cockpit. This style of interactivity is what I have to provide. And it would be built into their pre-approved company flash web template.

Heres the link they sent me and some of the script that we would have to integrate into the pano:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/GC/series/gc_cut_4000_series.html

This is the request from my client:
I need to try and make the 360 so that I can link from a custom flash movie to the main series page flash. Currently we have this working only when you link to a tab but not to a "card" or hotspot detail. What I would like to see, as soon as possible, is a working example of how a link would work via this virtual reality software. I would like to know what it will look like and how we can customize it. I don't think this needs to be fancy at this point or fully rendered, just ready enough that we can test it out. As soon as I have the link working in flash I'll send you the requirements but just so you know, this is a sample of what you might need to put in:

Hotspot_btn.onRelease = function () {
_root.goToElement("Navigation system");
}
Or put the link directly on the button. However your software works. The above is an example of how it would be coded in flash. The key part of the above is "_root.goToElement("Link Name");"

As long as you can put a link on a button consistent with the above, we should be ok to move forward.

So my question is, can this be done without a ton of action scripting? And also, is it safe to assume that all of the linked videos and animations would be separately and not embedded. If embedded, the file size would probably be astronimicle.

Thanks for any assistance,
Brad

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register