Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: maybe one for the future but...iphone ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on June-09-2009 at 5:09am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

wouldnt it be cool to have an export to iphone compatibile file type feature for TW?

just a thought

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by tbrusson on June-09-2009 at 5:44am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
The iPhone needs to support flash first and it's up to Adobe as Apple stated at the developper conference yesterday. But the new kompass feature would allow you to move the iPhone to pan the pano (demo made on google street. For the time being there is no possibility to view a flash based tour (single pano only)

Thierry

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-09-2009 at 10:36am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Oh god I didn't even think about checking for flash when I read the new version features - its STILL not doing that?

What gets me (and I admit I hate Apple with a product although I love my iPhone) is that people were clapping away at features which my crusty old Ericsson p800 seemed to have...of course I could be wrong but grrr

Thanks Thierry - bang goes that one for now!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by tomax on June-19-2009 at 12:19am
View tomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tomax Search   Quote tomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tomax
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-24-2009
120 Posts
to run tw files on smartphones (iphone or others) could be a very usefull tool for real estate brokers; but we have to wait for Adobe'first move.

Message posted by marktold on June-22-2009 at 5:11am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@tomax

I don't think its Adobe we are waiting for, but Apple.

Ever wondered why the iPhone does not support such a popular thing like flash.

This might be an explaination. As soon as you have Flash Developer can come up with apps that would not need to be sold throu iTunes.

So I think it's just Apple protecting its stakes and shares. Everybody talks about Microsoft beeing the bad one, but Apple will even make iTunes BlackBarry incompatible soon.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by tbrusson on June-22-2009 at 10:57am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Again as Apple stated it a the developper conference when they released the 3.0 version for iphone, they said it's up to adobe and here is why...

It could be due to licensing issue (it's the case with bluray) or technical issue. After they released the first iphone, lot of people complain it was not 3G compatible. It came later on because enginners were apple to cope with the battery issue (3G is more battery consuming).

As for Flash, to sum up : Apple wants a flash version fully compatible and made for the Iphone (meaning not the lite flash version curently available on other smartphones). That's why they said it's up to Adobe to provide such player.

TECHNICAL ISSUE :

Here is a quick listing of the relationships between Apple and Adobe concerning the support of Flash on Iphone :

- Adobe has been working on Flash for Iphone for a long time and evrybody knows that flash can be played on Iphone in Adobe labs but at a cost since it's CPU demanding.

- initially on March 2008, Steves Jobs CEO of Apple who was qustionned about the lack of support of flash on iphone, stated that that the full version was to CPU demanding
        the flash lite (availabe on ohter smartphones) version was not good enough.
That's why Apple ask Youtube to convert their format to MP4 so they can be played on Iphone instead of relying on flash to play videos.
One has be keep in mind too that the iphone is a true multitask iphone, therefore they have to ensure one application will not freeze the phone itself.

- on February 2009, in Davos, Shantan Narayen CEO of Adobe said it was a tough task to implement the flash soft on mobile phone but he said too that the teams of Adobe and Apple are working together to get a version for Iphone

- Adobe is not providing yet a version made for smartphone with full capabilities but they are working to bring the full-fledged Flash Player 10 to higher-end smartphones
(that's what the Adobe Chief Technical Officer Kevin Linch said the athe Adobe's Mac conference on November 2008)
February 2009 : The version should be available soon fo Windows mobile, Google Android) but it will require extra memory and processing overhead (that's why it's aimed at only high end smartphones)

LICENSING ISSUE :

Basically it could mean that a version specific for Iphone could be released and probably with specifications and rights restrictions wich would not jeopardize the apple store as well. They have the means to protect themselves and it's true Apple is here to make money, they don't do Linux (they sold over 1 million Iphone 3GS over the past weekend)

CONCLUSION

In my opinion I am confident that a specific version of Flash will be released on Iphone : a version which would guarantee a full compatiblity with minimum CPU requirement and which would have rights restrictions to protect the Apple store.

The same case happened wih tom-tom gps company which has been rumors for a year to provde true GPS nvaigation on Iphone. A lot of peaople said they would no be able to release it due to licensing issue. Well it will be available in July.

As for TW4, if they intend to provide the tour on the flash version for smartphone, they will have to provide light files as well and maybe a specific TW application.

thierry

Message posted by tomax on June-24-2009 at 1:08am
View tomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tomax Search   Quote tomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tomax
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-24-2009
120 Posts

@tbrusson

Thanks for your very comprehensive presentation. There are many aspects involved as you said. Anyway, I hope we'll have not a lite Adobe Flash Player version but a full one since we're intend to use TW application. And I hope that EP will be able to move faster to make their products able to display 360 fov applications on such kind of device. These will develop a trully new marketing & sales channel for our customers (hotels, real estates): smartphones / pda.

Message posted by *tking* on June-26-2009 at 11:02am
View *tking*'s Profile Profile   Search for other posts by *tking* Search   Visit *tking*'s Homepage www   Quote *tking* Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
*tking*
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-15-2009
11 Posts

Hi rfh

Simply record your tour with a video screen capture software.

You can convert it into any video format.

-------------
tking

Message posted by cbdyas on July-16-2009 at 11:28am
View cbdyas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cbdyas Search   Quote cbdyas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cbdyas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-16-2009
5 Posts
"there's an app for that". CubeWorld. Obviously there could be more convenient ways to access a tour. But in the mean time this app works just fine...

-------------
- Chuck D

Message posted by tbrusson on July-17-2009 at 1:57am
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
for single pano on Iphone, there are so far 2 apps :
CubeWorld
PangeaVR
(the pro version pf PangeaVR allowes to store panos internally)
(example : http://360image.de/mobile/iphone.html)

both applications requires to writte xml (though it's not that difficult)

quote from panospace :
"For authors, PangeaVR takes a single equirectangular input, while CubeWorld takes six cubefaces. The cubefaces format requires slightly more authoring work (which can be automated), but in return it is easier on the rendering engine and should play better.
PangeaVR limits the size of the equirectangular image to 20481024, while CubeWorld works with cubefaces up to 10241024. However the images megapixel count (2 Mpx and 6 Mpx) cant be immediately compared because of the different angular resolution. To compare, the dimensions must be normalized. An equirectangular image of 2048px long is equivalent to a cubeface of 591px.
Does this matter? given the iPhones screen resolution of 480320px and that 90% of the audience does not zoom, a 512px cubeface is enough (and saves the users a bandwidth intensive and potentially expensive download)."

thierry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register