Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW4 In Webpage Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on June-23-2009 at 5:17pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Looked for previous posts on inserting TW4 outputted files into your own webpage rather than a pop-up TW generated webpage but am unsure what happens next.

OK - I'm making my website using Incomedia Website X5 Evolution and when you make a page you get this nice easy WYSIWYG page which lets you assign part of the page as HTML code. 

I've put in the html code from the TW4 output file.

Where I'm getting lost is

1/ Is this the only code I need to put in here?

2/ How do I link the folder where the files are kept on my server to this page here?

3/ What does this folder and the files in it have to be called?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-23-2009 at 5:18pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

PS this is just for demo sakes - I don't actually have this tour sitting on my server but I've tried similar things with no results.

Thanks

Forrest

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-23-2009 at 5:22pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Sorry,

There is a 'link folder to this page' type button but when I do this all I get coming up on the page is an underlined text link to what I imagine is a popup window (it doesnt work).

What I want to do is have the 360 window appear on that very webpage...

-------------

Message posted by smooth on June-24-2009 at 3:49am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Forrest,

This is all pretty easy stuff mate.

If you want it to "pop" a window from your webpage then you use the code provided (as you had entered) but you must have the full absolute address to the html page you are calling. I.E: http://www.yourwebsite.co.uk/folder/TourWeaver_Stockbridge%20to%20Leith.html

As I have stated more times then a care to remember DO NOT use CAPS or GAPS in your file naming. Your address should read:

• tourweaver_stockbridge_to_leith.html  OR
  • tourweaver_stockbridge-to-leith.html
  • TourWeaver_Stockbridge%20to%20Leith.html

At the very end of the code you are entering is the "wording" that will show as the "Hyperlink" to "pop" the window. This can be changed to whatever you like. I.E: from ;">TourWeaver Stockbridge to leith.html</a> to Click Here or Launch Panorama etc.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-24-2009 at 8:02pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Cheers Smooth,

What I'm trying to do isn't so much pop a window from my page but get the tour to appear in the page if thats possible?  Genseng sent me a reply to a ticket but the mim file didnt seem to work and I wasn't able to get much happening so Im obviously still doing something wrong...

OK so I've made a tour called 'test'.

I've opened the tourweaver_test.html page in notepad.  Copied this

<html>
 <head>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
 <title>Skin</title>
 </head>
 <body leftMargin="0" topMargin="0" rightMargin="0" bottomMargin="0">
 <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
 <div id="flashcontent">
 To view virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed.
 Please download the latest version of <a title="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" target="_blank">Flash Player</a> and install it on your computer.
 </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
 // <![CDATA[
 var so = new SWFObject("twviewer.swf", "sotester", "899", "476", "9.0.0", "#FFFFFF");
 so.addParam("allowNetworking", "all");
 so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
 so.addParam("allowFullScreen", "true");
 so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
 //<!-%% Share Mode %%->
 so.addVariable("lwImg", "resources/test 1_loadingimage.jpg");
 so.addVariable("lwBgColor", "255,255,255,255");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBgColor", "255,153,0,0");
 so.addVariable("lwBarColor", "255,0,153,0");
 so.addVariable("lwBarBounds", "180,381,539,7");
 so.addVariable("lwlocation", "0");
 so.addVariable("lwShowLoadingPercent", "true");
 so.addVariable("lwTextColor", "255,0,0,0");
 so.addVariable("iniFile", "config_test 1.bin");
 so.addVariable("progressType", "0");
 so.addVariable("swfFile", "");
 so.addVariable("href", location.href);
 so.write("flashcontent");
 // ]]>
 </script>
 </body>
 </html>

I've put this into my html box in my webpage

I've then taken my test folder on my desktop and put it on my server (note - this test folder has all the necessary files - not another folder called 'test' with the files in it - this has come up before in the EP forums).

All I get now is the 'You need Flash' type instructions

Do I need to just load up the files straight to the server rather than have them in a folder?  Are my copied html bits ok?

The web page WYSIWYG wizard HTML box has an option that lets me link files to the html code that will be uploaded to the website and it says 'they will be uploaded to the /files sub folder but even when I put them there nothing seems to happen.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

F

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-24-2009 at 8:04pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

I'm afriad I dont have my site 'live' right no for a variety of reasons so I can't offer this as an option to look at. Hope this isn't too much of a pain to anyone nice enough to be helping out.

Thanks

-------------

Message posted by smooth on June-25-2009 at 4:28am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Using these out-of-the-box WYSIWYG website software publishers can do some funny things.

I offered the answer on the "pop-up" panorama because that it what you showed in your screen captures and guessed that this is what you were trying to do.

Anyway, it should still be an easy process. Paste the code from the TourWeaver_Stockbridge%20to%20Leith.html into your new webpage. Find where this new page resides and place all the contents that Tourweaver outputs into the same directory/folder. (that is, the contents within the folder, not the folder itself.) Upload it to your server and all "should" be working. 

Basically, you are simply replacing the TourWeaver_Stockbridge%20to%20Leith.html with your own new page but keeping the "structure" of what the website software publisher produces.

Somehow you are over complicating a very simple procedure.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-25-2009 at 6:02am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Yeah thats exactly what I was doing Smooth - I got Genseng on live support and together with your help here this solved it.  Now I know what do I I can't even begin to see how I didn't get it right from the start!
Thanks muchly as ever.

F

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-25-2009 at 12:29pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Can someone advise how I keep my files on my server in some kind of order?  suppose I end up having ten pages all with tours on them...how do I organise them so that ive not got a huge mess?

Can I also confirm...is it just the tourweaver_thisismytourname.html and thisismywebpage.html that i need to have in the root directory?  can all the other files be in a folder?

Thanks

-------------

Message posted by rfh12002 on June-26-2009 at 12:00pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

ok - think i have it - certainly got two different web tours in pages up and running. here are my rough notes should anyone else want a work through

Notes

1/ Make the web page tour
2/ make sure your scene image isn't a number - call it

a name specific to the tour so that it will be unlikely

to be overwritten by another tour later on
3/ very important - save the tourweaver tour project as

something totally new
4/ publish it with this new name (this ensures the

files all have a new name - you can't just publish it

with a new name - the whole project has to have a new

name)
5/ open the tourweaver_tourwhateveritscalled.html file

in notepad and copy this to your html bit in incomedias

webpage

now export your incomedia website

copy all the published files straight into your server

- all onto the root - dont put any into seperate

folders

when you come to do this for the next page, your

different names will mean that folders will be

overwritten but the crucial individual files won't be.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register