Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Loading Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cbdyas on July-21-2009 at 11:42pm
View cbdyas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cbdyas Search   Quote cbdyas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cbdyas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-16-2009
5 Posts
I have just finished (or so I thought) creating a large virtual tour that is composed over over 80 scenes split up into 10+ tours that link to each other.

When clicking on links that open up new tours the loading bar will randomly freeze at different percentages. Sometimes the link will work, sometimes it will freeze. While frozen if you refresh the tour it loads with no problem. This is not happening to only a few of the same links, it happens randomly with all of them.

Here is a link to launch the tour:
http://virtualtour.nku.edu

This occurs when using the Jump To menu, clicking on buildings on the map, clicking on hotspots that link to buildings, and clicking on the exit building thumbnails.

Any help is much appreciated as this project is already past due.

Thanks.

-------------
- Chuck D

Message posted by Vince on July-22-2009 at 1:36am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi Chuck, Hate to tell you this, but it worked perfectly for me. Is it just freezing on one computer for you, or are you seeing it on several machines? And by the way, excellent tour! Your client should be very happy with it.
Vince

Message posted by cbdyas on July-22-2009 at 10:56am
View cbdyas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cbdyas Search   Quote cbdyas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cbdyas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-16-2009
5 Posts
We have tried it on several machines, operating systems and browsers. It occurs frequently on all of them.

If you wouldn't mind doing some more exploring, use the jump to menu to move from one tour to the next. Keep doing this and I would say its highly likely to freeze within the first ten attempts.

***Just to note it only freezes on the tour loading screen (the black screen with the yellow bar and NKU logo that appears initially) - not when moving from scene to scene after the tour is loaded.

-------------
- Chuck D

Message posted by unouno on July-22-2009 at 5:07pm
View unouno's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by unouno Search   Quote unouno Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
unouno
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2007
28 Posts
Chuck,

I tested in 3 computers using firefox an IE6 and always freeze in the loading screen at 50% aprox.
maybe is to large the first scene of the tour.

Regards

Raul

Message posted by Vince on July-22-2009 at 5:21pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I ran through it again and it never froze.    I'm running Safari 3.2.1 on a Mac.
Vince

Message posted by cbdyas on July-22-2009 at 6:11pm
cbdyas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-16-2009
5 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by unouno on July-22-2009
I tested in 3 computers using firefox an IE6 and always freeze in the loading screen at 50% aprox.
maybe is to large the first scene of the tour.

file size of the panos shouldn't be a problem they are all in the 800k - 1.2mb range...

the percentage at which it freezes also varies, in my testing i found that it typically occurred around 80-90 percent

Quote: Originally posted by Vince on July-22-2009I ran through it again and it never froze.    I'm running Safari 3.2.1 on a Mac.
Vince

I wish all of my viewers were using your setup :)

I really don't think it is a system/broswer issue because it has happened on so many different setups.

Also to note, it does not happen when running off my hard drive, only when running off the server - so Im thinking there may be an issue with that but I don't even know where to begin when it comes to investigating that aspect.

-------------
- Chuck D

Message posted by rfh12002 on July-22-2009 at 6:30pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

works ok for me and im running it through aol...

nice work too!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by cbdyas on July-22-2009 at 11:43pm
cbdyas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-16-2009
5 Posts
Alrighty, here we go. Apparently it has been working fine for everyone so far, so I have included a link to a video cap so you can see what I am talking about.

Its only like a minute long. You will see me jump from tour to tour for a few seconds then it will suddenly freeze. I refresh the screen using cmd+r and it loads with out a problem. Upon revisiting the tour that previously froze you will see that i now loads without a problem. Had i clicked on it several more times chances are it would have froze once again.

http://hhseacastle.com/video.mp4

Hope this helps you help me :)

-------------
- Chuck D

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register