Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Feedback please Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by siccorsky on July-28-2009 at 5:16am
View siccorsky's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by siccorsky Search   Visit siccorsky's Homepage www   Quote siccorsky Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hello there fellow vr photographers... I created some tours recently..I will appreciate any feedback..pls let me know what you think!:)

1. http://360vr.ie/panos/68harcourt/360VR_68Harcourt.html

2. http://360vr.ie/panos/trim/360VR_trim.html

Alos if someone recognizes the software this company is using I would be really greatful!
http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/

thanks and regards
Mike

www.360vr.ie

Message posted by nerjaace on July-28-2009 at 5:48am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Nice work siccorsky, what camera/lens etc are you using?

Message posted by siccorsky on July-28-2009 at 6:14am
View siccorsky's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by siccorsky Search   Visit siccorsky's Homepage www   Quote siccorsky Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hi there...thanks a lot...im using 400d and sigma 8mm 3.5, tco rotator short, manfrotto 055MF4 tripod and manfr 322 head... cant wait to buy 5d MKII though :)

Message posted by siccorsky on July-30-2009 at 6:08pm
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
hello there....anyone would like to add something?
...I t would be great to hear some critical voices, only by listening critics of fellow vr photographers with much experience than mine i can become better ... I would love to make great panoramas as some of masters i'm seeing here :))) unless all is perfect of course ;)
i would really appreciate it...
thanks in advance
mike

Message posted by tkerns on July-31-2009 at 12:17am
View tkerns's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tkerns Search   Quote tkerns Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tkerns
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-10-2009
9 Posts
Nice panos! I especially like the second one. The initial pano though appears to load very slowly. I have heard that complaint alot about tourweaver though.
On the first tour, the jpeg compression was higher than I usually prefer. strong jpeg artifacts along edges. Sometimes though you need to do that to get tours that load fast enough for the client. I prefer to have a bit slower loading panos, and less compression.

The company at http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/ uses Flash Panorama Player
It is a better (in my opinion) player, but much harder to create tours. It is xml file driven. There is a GUI available for it, but it is nowhere near the ease to use as tourweaver.

Message posted by sunibmms on July-31-2009 at 3:06am
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts
First, nice work, siccorsky. All these scenes content is cool, beautiful!!!
But, these tours downloading is too slow.
    I will take several minutes to appreciate the progress running.
At the end, "http://www.eyerevolution.co.uk/ " is using FPP and you can get more information from it's right click popup menu.

Message posted by smooth on July-31-2009 at 9:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hello Mike,

I think your tours are coming along quite nicely. You do have some stitch and blending errors and in some the Chromatic Aberration is quite bad. Over compression is noticeable as already pointed out.

Download speeds could be improved.
The questions become:

: What settings are you using for publishing?
    : Are you using the split system for small and large display?
    : What are your file sizes per scene?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by siccorsky on August-01-2009 at 8:55am
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hello to all,
thanks for all the comments, trying to improve,

I realise that the compression, especially in the second tour was very strong but i couldnt get the files smaller... since im using all the image min 3800x1900 they were coming all in the size of 6mb when save for web and later i compressed them in tourweaver 50%, I know this is a lot.. but the tour file was coming huge. Mabe better would be to compress Jpg in the photoshop?

Scene size after saving for web in photoshop 100% is just above 6MB.

I think size per scene after compressing through tourweaver 4.0 is about 1mb

I'm not using a split system display for full screen and normal since all the tours i do are maximised at launch and i thought this will just make the files bigger. adding two sizes of scenes. Am I right here?

Another thing if it comes to stitching... funny thing happens when im shootking outside ie. landscapes... no parallax point is just getting crazy...and is way off... but if I take the same setup undoors its ok... should i change position of the lens every time im shooting landscapes?

Chromatic abberation comes out heavily during HDR blending...I use -44 for Red/Cyan & +13 for Blue/Yellow .. But you right it still could be imporved...do you have any suggestions?

thanks a lot for your answers I really appreciate your help guys. Panoramic Photography is great...I'm a graphic designer for many years now..but this is somthing special... it is much more exciting and rewarding to create good looking panoramas!

cheers
mike

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register