Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Internet Explorer 8 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Nectar on August-08-2009 at 5:33pm
View Nectar's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nectar Search   Quote Nectar Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi, I hope someone can help me regarding Internet Explorer ver 8. I have produced some virtual tours and everything has been ok viewing them using Internet Explorer ver 7. I was at a friends house and he went to view them using IE8. The Scene Viewer is not in the correct position which should be in the centre of the background image and it is now over to the left. I installed IE8 on my machine and the same thing is happening. I use Panoweaver 5 and Tourweaver 3. Any ideas?

Message posted by sunibmms on August-16-2009 at 5:47am
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts

Can you give us some snapshotS or the tour link!?

Message posted by Nectar on August-18-2009 at 10:08am
View Nectar's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nectar Search   Quote Nectar Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi, my website is www.envisage360.co.uk. I have had to go to the top of Scotland at short notice and there are very limited places for internet access so there might be a delay in replying. I will be back on the 4th Sept. I noticed a while back when I had an older version of IE there was the same problem but it cleared when I upgraded to ver. 7. The problem seems as if the Scene Viewer has not got the coordinates for centre of the background image. Hope this helps.

Message posted by smooth on August-18-2009 at 10:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I have looked at two tours on your website with I.E 8 and also Opera 9.64 and both displayed correctly.

I have seen issue with odd and non display with people using outdated versions of "Shadow Box, Grey Box" or whatever flavour you have. So this might require an updated version.

I have never seen a viewer out of place with a Tourweaver tour as you describe. Did you, or can you take a screen shot?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by sunibmms on August-28-2009 at 3:34am
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts
I visited your website and encounter the same thing using IE8.
The following picture is the snapshot:

But it works well on Chrome and Firefox.
I think the problem is the fault of 'div', which carries the virtual tour.
Good Luck!

Message posted by smooth on August-28-2009 at 5:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Internet Explorer 8 is flaky and I have experienced all kinds of problems with it. More so with XP than Vista.
Hopefully over time and patches I.E 8 will become more compatible and stable.

I though, can view your tours correctly with I.E 8.

Sunibmms,
You cannot display images directly on the forum unless you upload them to a server and then link them. Use a free service like www.photobucket.com

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by sunibmms on August-30-2009 at 10:07pm
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts
Thanks smooth!
I get it!

Regards, Sunibmms

Message posted by Nectar on September-02-2009 at 3:22pm
Nectar
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-02-2008
12 Posts

Hi all. I am back and thanks for the interest shown. I reloaded IE8 back onto my two machines and the one that uses Vista now works ok. The machine with XP on has the problem. I have noticed when IE8 was installed on both machines the zoom in the bottom right corner shows 125% and this shows up the problem. I changed this to 100% then ran the vt again and this time it is ok. I have a vt called Absolutely Fabrics on my website and when this is opened using Vista it shows zoom at 100%. On the XP machine it always opens at 125%.

Link to screen shot www.envisage360.co.uk/screenshot I thought that what ever zoom level you use everything would be to scale. Hope this makes the problem clearer.

Regards nectar

Message posted by smooth on September-02-2009 at 3:53pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Is there a chance you have your XP set to display at 120dpi instead of 96dpi?

Display Properties>Settings (Tab)>Advanced>General (Tab)>DPI Setting

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-02-2009 at 3:55pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The Shadow Box issue that sunibmms is showing is something completely different and a known issue with I.E 8 not related to Tourweaver.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register