Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Delay in Partial Panorama Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by franklmendonca on August-19-2009 at 11:33am
View franklmendonca's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by franklmendonca Search   Visit franklmendonca's Homepage www   Quote franklmendonca Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

Partial panoramas have an unacceptable 15-20 second delay at the beginning and end of each scene.  It appears that if there is anything other than -180 and +180 set in the min/max pan properties, it causes the scene to be delayed whether it is a partial or full 360 panorama..

I set the panfov scene to partial with the correct figures.  For example, if the figure in the panfov field is 180, TW4 will not allow the min/max parameters to add up to more than 180...which is fine.  But the scene delays at the beginning and end...which is NOT fine.

I tried making it a 360-degree image by adding to the canvas size in photoshop with the image centered...and adjusting the parameters in the Pan properties to just show the image and not the extended canvas.  If the min/max parameters are set to -180 and +180, there is no delay...but the blank canvas shows.  As soon as I change either the min or max parameter, the delay is introduced.

As a test, I took a full 360-degree image and changed the min/max value to something other than -/+180.  The delay was introduced.  As soon as I changed the properties for the full 360 image to back to -/+180, there was no delay.

I'm using the latest build of TW4 Pro.

I have tried talking with Easypano support, but they have been totally clueless...as usual.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Message posted by smooth on August-19-2009 at 11:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Does the same thing happen if you create your own movie track and adjust the settings within that movie track then set it as default?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by franklmendonca on August-20-2009 at 9:51am
View franklmendonca's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by franklmendonca Search   Visit franklmendonca's Homepage www   Quote franklmendonca Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

Thanks very much for your response.

I have created 40-50 tours with TW and have never used the movie track.  So I clicked on the "Movie REC" button.  Just to see what would happen, I right clicked on one of the little cyan arrows (which I assume were the transitions) at the beginning of a partial pan and deleted it.  It deleted every transition in the entire movie and would not allow me to undo it.  Now the tour does not play past the first scene.  It apparently automatically saved the change to the tour...because I tried just closing the program figuring it would prompt to save any changes...it did not....now I have a non-functional tour.

I have not found any way to recover the tour.  Do I have to rebuild the entire thing?

While some beautiful tours can be created with TW, I would not recommend the program to anyone.  The program is too obscure and buggy...and Easypano tech support is TOTALLY (that's an understatement) useless.  The webmaster for one of my clients will not even accept tours made with Easypano because they have had too many problems with TW in the past.  They handle hundreds of websites.

Message posted by franklmendonca on August-20-2009 at 10:00am
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts
Actually...it appears that the entire movie is gone,  There is nothing in the Movie REC timeline.  The tour will not play past the first scene.

Message posted by smooth on August-20-2009 at 10:14am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You should have copied the "Slideshow" movie track and then renamed the second track and set it as the default. Once done you can modify at will and test results. If all fails you can simply switch back to the "Slidshow" movie track. This has been covered many times on the forum over the years. (not that this helps you now!)

Always save to a new file name if you are making modifications to a tour. That way you do not lose your original state before the latest changes.

As for the recovery I'm sorry I don't know if it is possible as I have never had to do it before. I have never used "partial" panoramas so I was unaware of the problem you came up against and this is why I asked if you had tried to make your own movie track to see if the problem could be overcome.

Assumption probably isn't the best way to make a decision but I understand why you would have thought that "unless you chose to save" things would be recoverable.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on August-20-2009 at 10:54am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Try going to Program files and the workspace folder in EasyPano. Try loading the latest project files. May also be altered, but worth a try.

For Partials, as Smooth says, make a duplicate movie. Go to the beginning of the partial and scrub until the pano starts to move. Go back a couple of frames and insert a frame. Delete the unecessary frames, Go to the end of the pano and do the same thing. Preview and you will see that it works correctly. Hope this helps.

Kerry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register