Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: 0-360.com Optic Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on August-31-2009 at 9:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hello Sal,

Welcome to the Easypano forums.

The 0-360 is one of the better One Shot mirrors. It shouldn't really be called a lens. I have owned one of these in the past and for what it is it was fine, but it wasn't long before I was reaching it's limitations (hours).

I found you really must avoid the sun or any direct bright light onto the mirror or it blows out very bad (much like shinning a torch into a mirror). I also found shooting in "Macro" mode gave sharper images as the focus should be on the mirror which really isn't that far away from the camera. Shooting RAW and processing the RAW files correctly will help gain the most from the images.

The One Shot mirrors have their place in the market but you will find the limitations pretty quickly.

The step up from the One Shot is obviously a "quality" fisheye lens such as an adapted Nikon FC-E8 / FC-E9 or Raynox. These fisheye images will require stitching but in return you will get far better resolution and the full 360x180 view.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2009 at 9:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

The only fisheye images that are likely to be compatible and of "quality" will be the Nikon FC-E8 / FC-E9 or the Raynox brand. These all will require thread adapters (probable "tube" adapter).

Play with the 0-360 and get the most from it. Then you can decide if you are serious about 360 photography and make the next steps.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nerjaace on August-31-2009 at 9:47am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Sal, Absolutely agree with smooth one the usage of the One Shot Lens. I have a One Shot Lens and waiting till I can justify the investment of a fisheye lens, decent camera, tripod etc.

In the meantime I have put the One Shot lens through its paces and found some usefull information to get the most out of it. Some of the results are pretty good compared to what I have seen on some realtor websites.

My first advice is to forget the concept of "One Shot". I use three shots, basically one normal, one under exposed and one over exposed -2,0,+2.

When doing this care should be taken as much as possible not to jog the camera as you want the 3 shots to be identical. Using some software called Dynamic Photo HDR you can merge these three images and adjust any slight  misalignments and then process the doghnut image through the normal Unwapper software which you got with the lens. The process reduces dramatically the window glare and issues or dark areas etc because you are merging under/over exposed images. The software was pretty cheap and definately worth it. Here is the link http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/ You can even download a trial version for free to check it out.

Second bit of advice is to play around with the focus settings. 0-360 advised me of the settings for my particular camera but I got better results by slightly changing them. As smooth said try the macro setting (I have not tried it but certainly will).

Third piece of advice if Light, Light, Light! You need as much as possible. Major downfall with this bit of kit is that you cannot use a Flash gun so the more light you can introduce the better. On my tripod I have a ring of halogens 2000 watt that sit under the 0-360 lens but are out of the FOV. Yes I get shadows but I can remove them easily if photoshop. The results are far far better with more light. 

With all these methods you will get pleasing results. Just remember to take time to get it right and forget the concept of running into a room take One Shot and of you go - Take more  - Take time and be Pro:)

Hope this helps

Message posted by nerjaace on August-31-2009 at 11:57am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Sal, that all sounds fine. Try taking the 3 shots at diffent exposures and using teh software I recommended, you will not be disapointed. If you are using the 3 shots don't worry too much about the direct sunlight as it does compensate for this quite well. I will try and see if I get better results in Macro mode and let you know how I went about setting it up - assuming I can :)

Message posted by nerjaace on September-01-2009 at 4:25am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Sal, no. Open Dynamic Photo HDR. Click on Create HDR file.

Click on Add Images. Add your 3 shots at teh different exposures. Click ok and then select Full HDR process.

If your images need aligning they can be done here. There is a good tutorial in the "Quick help" section.

Now select Tone Map HDR file. The default is Eye Catching and keep that one. You can play around with teh Brightness and Vivid colours to enhance the colour range but be carefull not to over do it.

At the bottom right hand of the screen click on 360 Pano, this will merge the images and produce them so that there is no join showing.

Click on Process, name your image and it is then ready to process through the Unwrapping software.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Message posted by donquicovelez on September-01-2009 at 10:13am
View donquicovelez's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donquicovelez Search   Visit donquicovelez's Homepage www   Quote donquicovelez Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donquicovelez
Standard Member
Standard Member
Dominican Republic
August-23-2008
7 Posts
This forums are to speak for our experiences, good or bad and please let me tell Sal and the rest, mine. I also started with a one shoot device and same as Smooth, the next day a realized that I should change to something better in all sense.

I found the best and now I am very happy and earning big Jacksons with Easypano. Sal, the sooner you invest and take the step, the lesser painful it would be the road. At least, this is my personal experience.

It is not my intention to hurt anyone or to argue, sorry if with my words I did something not allowed or wrong.

Thanks.

-------------
No se cual es la clave del exito, pero la clave del fracaso es intentar agradar a todo el mundo.

Bill Cosby

Message posted by smooth on September-01-2009 at 2:31pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
[English Only Please]

Message posted by smooth on September-01-2009 at 2:46pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

We keep it all English here. The only other option is the French sector. It is way to time consuming as a moderator to translate all messages to make sure we give good advise and that the wrong things are not being said etc.

Please don't stress about it. Just understand the reasons why.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register