Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: What Do I Need? Help Please Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on August-31-2009 at 9:09am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hello, everybody, I just enter this great forum yesterday,

Reading several posts, I found, that I probably fail in buying a one shot lens, called "0-360 Optic", well, it wasnt that cheap at all, now I have to keep it and use it, I am kind of new with this of VT.Also,  I have a Canon Powershot G10 Camera.
I used to shot and stitch still pictures, and then create a VT with pix maker, now I found that lens at 0-360.com (where I bought the optic) and the recommended me Tourwaver.

I dont understand exactly, what would I need , if I decide to buy, more equipment, what do you recommend to me? I ve seen that almost every body, uses Fisheye lens, and I dont even know how to use that, I think that you should shoot several pics and then stitch them ........

Could anyone help me and explain to me, I dont want to fail with this, again, it is not that cheap all this equipment.  For a while , I will Use the 0-360 Optic, before I get the enough money, to buy more .....

I also found on amazon.com fisheye lens for the kind of my camera. would it be a good idea to buy it?

Need Help Please............

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2009 at 9:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Hi Sal,

Let me list a progression scale of equipment (of sorts)!

: Point "n' Shoot camera fitted with one shot mirror.
   : Prosumer camera with manual controls with one shot mirror. (This is where you are at)
   : Prosumer camera with manual controls with quality fisheye lens (these lenses are limited to a very few such as the Nikon FC-E8 / FC-E9, Raynox or Soligor 0.19X).
   : Entry level DSLR with one shot mirror.
   : Entry level DSLR with Sigma 4.5mm or Sunex Fisheye
   : Entry level DSLR with Sigma 8mm, Sigma 10mm or Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye
   : Semi Pro DSLR with Sigma 8mm, Sigma 10mm or Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye
   : Semi Pro or Pro Full Frame DSLR with Sigma 8, Nikkor 10.5mm, Sigma 15mm, Nikkor 16mm Fisheye

Using the stitching method to produce a full 360x180 will require a certain amount of fisheye images to be stitched together. The amount will vary on the combination of camera and lens. Also, what you want the final file size to be.

Common sets ups at the lower end are the Nikon Coolpix range fitted with a FC-E8 / FC-E9 to other brands fitted with the same lenses via adapters.

Middle of the range and very common these days are the Canon DLSR's like the 450D/500D with Sigma 8mm or Nikon DSLR's like the D60/D90/D300 and the Sigma 8mm or Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheyes.

All the fisheye stitching combinations also require a panorama head so that the lens is rotating around the NPP (No Parallax Point) and due care should be taken before purchasing one. (I.E: Ask here first).

I hope this puts you on the right track. It is "always" worth asking the people who know this industry before purchasing!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-31-2009 at 10:10am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by salvador on August-31-2009

I also found on amazon.com fisheye lens for the kind of my camera. would it be a good idea to buy it?

NO! Keep well away from these cheap nasty fisheye lenses.
If it's not a genuine Nikon or Raynox it is NOT a good idea to even contemplate it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on August-31-2009 at 10:56am
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

thank you, Smooth

Now I am understanding more about this.

I ll take your advice,

Regards, Sal

-------------
Regards, Sal