Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Getting New Equipment Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by salvador on September-03-2009 at 8:08pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

Hi,

I am about to invest in an equipment to start in the bussines of VT.

Smooth kindly Advice me about it, but I still have some doubts (hope someone can help me) :

My Camera Model is A:   Canon Powershot G10 14.7MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom

I got already Tourweaver, Panoweaver

What I am ready to buy are the following items:

1. Raynox DCR-CF187PRO High Definition Full-Frame 185 Degree Circular Fisheye Conversion Lens, 62mm, with Adapters for 43mm ,52mm,55mm,58mm Filter Sizes

2. Genuine Canon adapter LADC58K

What I have some doubts is:

1. Mr. Smooth told me to get a "Nodal Ninja 180 panohead", but I see that it only makes a "single row panoramas", Mr. Smooth told not to get "NN3 or NN5", the truth

is that I would like a rotator that also "tilt, I see that "Nodal Ninja 180 panohead" just turns horizontaly. probably, Dont know. Please advice me about this.

Is there in the market some rotator as what I am looking for, that doesnt be too much expensive. Dont know if the brand "Manfrotto"

Seriously, I dont understand, I am thinking, that the "Nodal Ninja 180 panohead" will only shot images horizontaly, and the sky wont show on my Virtual Tours,

or I dont know if the Raynox Lens reaches part of the shy when I shot the camera. I really dont know, thats why I am asking help. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. By other side, I have a Tripod, that I dont know ,if I could use it, hope I can, so I dont have to spend on it. the tripod I have is:
a  SONY VCT-R640, its totaLY NEW.

(I would appreciate someone orient me before I buy this, I dont want to fail in this buy.

Thank you

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-04-2009 at 1:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The Raynox is a full circular fisheye lens with over 180 degree FOV (Meaning it shoots a round/bubble image) becouse of this only a single row of shots is required. In reality only two shots back to back should be required to cover the whole sphere 360x180. BUT! as fisheyes have a drop off in image quality at the edges and having more overlap is also a good idea to help the stitcher place control points. It is recommended that you shoot 3 images in rotation, 1 every 120 degrees.

There is no requirement for a panohead that tilts. The three shots will cover the complete sphere 360x180. This is one of the reasons why I suggested the NN180 panohead. On top of this the G10 with adapter and then the Raynox will not fit on the NN3 because of the length. It may be OK on the NN5 but should confirm this with the manufacturer. Still, placing it on the NN5 wouldn't be any benefit over the NN180.

Your Sony tripod might be OK. But it does look a little on the light side. Also if you can't remove the pan head for direct fitment of the Panohead you will end up with the pan handle and the bulk of the pan head will be in shot at the nadir position.

Understand these items I'm suggesting are an upgrade from what you currently have and will improve your results. Even then though, you will still need to learn a good workflow to get the most from it and in no way will this every be in the class of a DSLR using a professional fisheye lens but will see a marked improvement over the One Shot system.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-04-2009 at 1:55pm
View salvador's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by salvador Search   Quote salvador Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

I am sorry, Smooth, I didnt do it intentionally.

I wont bother you no more.

Thank you, for your help, I appreciated

-------------
Regards, Sal

Message posted by smooth on September-04-2009 at 2:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sal,

Deleting posts within a thread makes a mockery of the thread and for the all the people reading it. The replies that much time and research had been put into become pointless drivel. So much so that the whole thread needed to be deleted.

Fact is, if "any standard member" can delete any post they have placed even after a reply whenever they feel like I don't see the point in responding. I certainly have better things to do.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on September-05-2009 at 2:16am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Or you can ask the very same question on another forum and get the very same answers you had already been given here multiple times.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by salvador on September-05-2009 at 6:19pm
salvador
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2009
64 Posts

ok, thank you, Smooth

-------------
Regards, Sal

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register