Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: What loads first in a VT? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rokclimr on September-12-2009 at 1:33pm
View rokclimr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rokclimr Search   Quote rokclimr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

Lets say you built a VT with one 500k map and 50 500k scenes.  What actually loads when the viewer visits the site?  Does it have to download all 50 scenes or just the map and the first scene?

Thanks

Message posted by Brittan on September-12-2009 at 1:53pm
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
If you use safari for Mac or PC, ore any other browser showing the downloading process (including names and files size).
In Safari under the windows menu, it's called 'Activity'.
Maybe under FF, firebug module could help, I don't really know.

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by nerjaace on September-12-2009 at 2:33pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
I am not sure but I think it will cache all scenes similar to ajaxload, so the bigger the VT project the longer it will take.

Message posted by thedhgroup on September-12-2009 at 7:11pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
From my experience TW will load the loading (wait) image, skin graphics, mp3 associated with the default movie, map and the first scene. While viewing the first scene all the subsequent scenes load in the background. Whether you have 50 panos or 2 the first scene should appear with the same wait time. It is not a big deal but sometimes users will chose a scene that has not been pre-loaded yet so they will have to wait a few moments. Other than that the user should have a pretty good experience. Also, if it matters, mp3 files for scenes do not preload. They load when the scene loads and sometimes if you have a slowish connection to the Internet the mp3 may pause a couple of times while playing. This is why I like to use mp3 bitrates of 64 to 96 but never 128 or more.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register