Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: 3 languages Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by servaas on September-17-2009 at 12:10pm
View servaas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by servaas Search   Quote servaas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
servaas
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
April-19-2008
41 Posts
Hi,

if I need to create a project with 3 languages, do I have to export 3 projects ?
My problem is that this will give 105 MB (3x35) on the server...

Cheers,
=servaas=

Message posted by servaas on September-18-2009 at 3:47am
View servaas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by servaas Search   Quote servaas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
servaas
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
April-19-2008
41 Posts
nobody..?

Maybe I should ask my question in a different way..

Ik have three languages, dutch, french and german.

My project in dutch is ready (saved as dutch_project)
Now I want my french version.
So first I translate all the text parts and then I save this project as french_project.

Now when I export these two projects it gives me twices 35MB..

Is there a way to use different languages within the same project whereby you only have to export once...?

Thanks in advance,
=servaas=

Message posted by smooth on September-18-2009 at 5:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Tourweaver is not set up to share resources other than the player and swfobject files as covered in the help file. There is no way to share the actual scene images in the way you would like via folders. You could certainly swap images and text via hotspots if they are part of the same tour. You also can write individual movie tracks that can share resources. Then you could have individual English, Dutch and French Movie tracks selectable via hotspot buttons.

You will just have to play until you find your best result. It is not something I have personally tried.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-11-2009 at 3:09am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Same problem !
Already called the support for that a few months ago, but ... they are just listening

The minimum I need is to have INFO attached to scenes being language dependant !

Creating the Tour THREE times just for that is a real WASTE of time.

If a really / easy way exists I'm VERY interrested in learning it !

Regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by VoteSizingSteve on January-12-2010 at 2:07pm
View VoteSizingSteve's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VoteSizingSteve Search   Visit VoteSizingSteve's Homepage www   Quote VoteSizingSteve Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VoteSizingSteve
Standard Member
Standard Member
Colombia
May-15-2009
19 Posts
(Sorry - repeat from another post:)

Any way to pass url/parameters/variables to embedded flash buttons, so that they can change themselves according to the passed language? If so, please provide a sample swf button with code.

Thanks,

- Steve

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-05-2010 at 2:53am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Still waiting for such an option ...

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by madmux on October-07-2010 at 6:09am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
> Any way to pass url/parameters/variables to embedded flash buttons, so that they can change themselves according to the passed language? If so, please provide a sample swf button with code.

The good news is, that it IS possible now. With flash you can make button behavior as you want and with TW API you can access popup windows which may contain information on different languages. Therefore you can solve language problems that way.
The bad news is, that it requires coding and a bit of experimenting (so i can't provide a sample).

Right now i'm very busy with non-panoramic related matters, so i can't work on TW-related solutions now. But it's a good idea of yours to have multilanguage interface by extending TW, i'm looking forward to try it.

Best wishes,
Tomas

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-07-2010 at 6:35am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Hi Tomas,

I'm curious of how to that.
But, this should be part of TW !

Warkaround is nice, but the support is only valid for a specific version.
Embedded in TW as promised, the support is then also ensured by EP !

Btw, what tool are you using to develop in Flash ?
There are so many different version/options ... in Adobe that I don't know what to choose !

Regards,
Dominique

-------------

Message posted by madmux on October-07-2010 at 8:10am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi Dominique!

True, workaround is allways a workaround and there is allways better to have a functionality implemented directly in original software. Otoh the possibility to do it ourselfes is better than nothing.

On how to create such the thing:
1) you need to create a button in some of the dev. environments;
2) onclick you need to read url language param using externalinterface (i've showed that this is possible in deep linking example);
3) call TW API, something like this: _api.openPopupWindow(Language+"popup"), where language popups are named correspondingly (like "ENpopup","GEpopup" and so on)

Regarding dev. tools, i use various (Flash, Flex builder, flash develop). Some of it at work, some at home. Mostly Flex builder and flashdevelop (free, open source) as i'm more of a coder than designer. Designer will likely choose Adobe flash tool if the price doesn't matter much. Otherwise flashdevelop is likely the only option (nice to have it).

Best wishes,
Tomas

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-07-2010 at 9:32am
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

[:D]

Thanks Tomas, I'll have a more in deepth look to this ...
Your are right saying that having his own under control is also a very valuable option [;)]

I'll also have a llok to these tools.
I'm a system/network manager more than a developper [:^:]

Regards,
Dominique

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register