Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW4 crashes on opening specific file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dark-chan on October-13-2009 at 9:01pm
View dark-chan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dark-chan Search   Quote dark-chan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dark-chan
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-17-2009
5 Posts
Hey everybody!

I worked on a project in TW4 pro for quite some time (and almost finished yesterday).
Then without warning the project suddently refrained from opening and has been doing ever since.

I open TW, then I try opening the file and TW promply crashes down.
Afterwards I get following error-report:

"Easypano Tourweaver hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden.
[...] Dieses Problem bitte auch an Microsoft berichten.
[...]
Problembereicht senden / Nicht senden"

("Easypano Tourweaver encountered a problem and has to be shut down.
[...] Please send this problem to Microsoft.
[...]
Send problem / Don't send problem")

So I don't know, where the problem is.
I can still create new projects and open older projects that I used as tests for this latest one.

I already tried - unsuccessfully I might add - several things:
- MacAffee can't find any bugs -> so no virus.
- Removing some images from the "scene"-folder reduces size but sadly doesn't help otherwise -> so storage capacity can't be the problem.
- Opening the project directly from where it's located on the computer helps the same - i. e. not at all.
- And then I even tried to copy the file and open it on another computer -> didn't work there either

I'd hate for all my work to go to nothing.
Does anybody know what the problem might be an how to counteract it?

Or maybe someone knows how to decode and copy the specifics (the parameters) from one project without opening this project. (Maybe with some kind of program like dreamweaver or text editor...?)
Then I could just create a new project, copy and paste all storage files from the previous - from the default - one and carry over the aformentioned parameters to the new project.

Is that possible?
Help please?

Message posted by nerjaace on October-14-2009 at 2:51am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Dark Chan what is the rough size of the project? It may be too large and causing a cache problem for windows to handle.

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-14-2009 at 3:27am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Had the same problem yesterday

I tried to re-open a project, just to adapt the "loading" logo, just clicking on it and hop, "CRASH" !

I've the PROFESSIONAL version !

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by dark-chan on October-14-2009 at 10:01am
View dark-chan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dark-chan Search   Quote dark-chan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dark-chan
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-17-2009
5 Posts
@ nerjaace:
Just the project alone (.tw) has 169 Kb. The file holding the scenes is the largest one - with not quite 100 MB.
I know that's pretty big, but as I said - I already removed some images, and it still doesn't work. (It worked before that - it only shut down when I changed the text colour for scrolling over and clicking on links within the project.)

Even if the .tw file is to big (what I just can't believe) I have no idea how to reduce size - with being unable to open the file and all...

@momminiqueGEOERGE:
Have you found a solution yet?
Could you re-reopen it (third time is the charm they say after all) or does it likewise crash over and over and over and over again?

Message posted by dark-chan on October-14-2009 at 10:04am
dark-chan
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-17-2009
5 Posts
DominiqueGEORGE it is, of course - not momminique.... sorry -_-'

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-14-2009 at 10:47am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by dark-chan on October-14-2009
DominiqueGEORGE it is, of course - not momminique.... sorry -_-'
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no !

But, I'll try harder tonight.
I'll try to

• just re-open it, save it under another name

• re-genarate a tour

• try to change, like with the original/faulty one, the "loading bar"

Regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by smooth on October-14-2009 at 11:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
While this is really a question for support to answer.

Firstly, removing the images it NOT going to help with your project file not opening (so put them back).

I can suggest that you make a "copy" of your *.tw file and keep the original handy (as a back-up).

Understand the *.tw is simply a set of assembly instructions for Tourweaver. If it is corrupted or removed your project cannot open.

Now, with the copy of the *.tw file rename the file extension to *.xml and them open it in an xml editor like Adobe Dreamweaver or Front Page etc. Select reset format for easier reading.

Look through the file for obvious and not so obvious mistakes. REMEMBER the biggest killer of Tourweaver tours is non English characters or symbols. Be sure you have only used A-Z a_z 0-9. You cannot have ()[]{}!#$%^&* symbols in your file names. Also look at the paths to objects for mistakes.

If you feel you have found an error in the code and you have corrected it. Save the file, rename it back to *.tw extension and "without" overwriting your original (save the original as a back-up) and place it the newly corrected version in the original directory and test.

Good luck!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on October-14-2009 at 12:40pm
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Thanks Smooth

As french guy, we have (grammatically correct language written is a basic requirement) to use a lot of "accent" in our texts.

I'll check if in the "Info" text, or somewhere else, I can find such characters.

IF the accent are causing the crash, two possibilities will be given :
  • EasyPano corrects this as fast as possibel

• EasyPano can't sell its product as "French" supported.
    In which case I'll ask to have mymoney back!

Regards,
Dominique.

-------------

Message posted by meccaill on October-26-2009 at 4:16pm
View meccaill's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by meccaill Search   Quote meccaill Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
meccaill

October-25-2009
2 Posts
Having done over 200 VT this year i have dealt with this problem numerious times and i tell you Easypano support is a shame, but i do like their software although i wish they could add a proactive fix issues and add features support. I have a list of simple things that could improve this software. Anyways, to the solution....

There is one thing that I narrowed this issue to. It has to do with transparency. Most of all transparency of the hotspots on the Map. Avoid by all means to do that.

Now to Open you Corrupt project do the following. This will cost you some work though.

1. Backup this original project first. Work on a duplicate incase you need to try something different.

2.go to the vt folder and rename the map folder to map1 or whatever you want.

3.Now open the project and it SHOULD work. always did for me. make sure to NOT click the maps section.

4. Go back to the folder and replace all content inside the new map folder generated by the program with the contents of the map1 folder, WHILE the program is running.

5.in TW click the maps section and the maps should appear there now.

6.Now select all the hotspots, if they are there. and remove transparency. save again.

if this works, great, if not, then repeat the process but try to remove different elements until u find where is the problem.

Good Luck

-------------
MecL

Message posted by irish on November-05-2009 at 8:54am
View irish's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by irish Search   Visit irish's Homepage www   Quote irish Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
irish
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
November-05-2009
6 Posts
Hi,
I am thinking of buying the tourweaver 4.00.Im new to photography and normaly do landscape photos.I was wondering if a canon 40 D and a sigma 10 X 20 mm len do for Vr tours.
Irish

-------------
www.irishphotography.ie

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register