Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Trojan? in TW5 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gordo on November-11-2009 at 10:03pm
View Gordo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gordo Search   Visit Gordo's Homepage www   Quote Gordo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gordo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-05-2009
38 Posts
G'Day all,

I just installed the trial version of TW5 and published one of my panos as an exe file.

I sent it to a colleague of mine and his anti virus picked up a Trojan/Dropper.Gen virus.

I checked my computer and found 7 all originating from the TW5 exe files. I know for a fact I have no problems with my images.

Has anyone else experienced trojan files coming from the TW5 exe output.

By the way, I uninstalled TW5.

Cheers
Gordon

Message posted by smooth on November-11-2009 at 11:44pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Haven't seen it nor has anyone else yet reported it.
What Anti-Virus software pick it up (reported it)?

I won't tolerate spyware or viruses but to be fair a "lot" of false positives turn up.

I reserve judgment at this stage and see how things progress.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tkerns on November-12-2009 at 12:17am
View tkerns's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tkerns Search   Quote tkerns Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tkerns
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-10-2009
9 Posts
I tried to run the .exe from a published tour, and Norton Internet Security blocked it for 'suspicious activity'

I could not find a way around it, so was unable to play the tour (as an exe anyway, the html version worked fine)

Apparently something about how the exe file runs looks suspicious to anti-virus programs.

I agree its a false positive, but hopefully something can be done to make it less likely to trip an anti-virus program.

Message posted by smooth on November-12-2009 at 12:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Possibly easypano will have to contact Norton and have the file white listed after testing.

Lets wait and see if any other Anti-Virus brands pick it up.
Understand though, many of these companies "share" their databases.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on November-12-2009 at 5:54am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I have tested and scanned with AVG 9.0 and Adaware and both returned no findings.

Mind you, this has bought up some issues with the creation of Tourweaver .exe's with Windows 7.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Valentin on November-12-2009 at 12:16pm
View Valentin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Valentin Search   Visit Valentin's Homepage www   Quote Valentin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Valentin
Standard Member
Standard Member
Russian Federation
November-12-2009
1 Posts
Hi

Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 detect trojan in Tourweaver-file.

See pic:

Sorry, I have Russian version of Kaspersky Antivirus 2009. But word "Trojan" and path of file are international. I think, that you'll understand it.

Message posted by smooth on November-12-2009 at 1:09pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
I'm not saying one way or another but I just ran a scan on the file you have pointed out with AVG 9.0 and it doesn't report anything bad.

One thing for sure, Easypano need to get on top of this FAST!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Gordo on November-12-2009 at 4:09pm
View Gordo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Gordo Search   Visit Gordo's Homepage www   Quote Gordo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Gordo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-05-2009
38 Posts
The software that picked it up was Avira Antivir. I run McAfee which didn't detect it. When I installed the above anti virus it found 7 trojans, the same amount of published panos I created.

It definately is not a false positive as it affected my key pad in that certain keys when pressed would either start up a program, pop up a window and even lock the computer.

It made it impossible to type any thing. Made it very slow when you have to cut and paste individual letters for general typing.

Once I quarrantied the files and restarted my computer every thing was fine.

My colleague put me onto the anti virus software which is free.

Gordo

Message posted by Gordo on November-12-2009 at 4:37pm
Gordo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-05-2009
38 Posts
Here is the virus report

Gordo

Message posted by smooth on November-14-2009 at 1:55am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Is this still the case for everyone with the latest Public BETA 2 release of TW5?

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register