Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: auto closing popup windows Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by junjung on December-02-2009 at 10:39pm
View junjung's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by junjung Search   Quote junjung Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
junjung
Standard Member
Standard Member
Korea, South
December-02-2009
1 Posts

hi,

Is it possible that a popup window would close automatically at the start of next scene or previous scene?

Message posted by JerryT on December-31-2009 at 2:15pm
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

I'm not sure if this was answered somewhere. I have a similar question.

My tour production is an Estate Inventory system that includes a tour walkthrough, so more-or-less ... I need a "frame" in the tour that is the place holder for the still pictures of items clicked-on (hotspots) in the scene... then have that frame cleared when clicking on the next still picture as we "walk" through the Estate.  Of course going to a new Scene (another room or area outside) needs to clear the still pictures too automatically.  Oh, another "frame" contains the data sheet for the item in the still picture, so two things pop up when clicking on a hotspot in the scene: the still picture and a data sheet.

I've tried to use Popup Windows and still experimenting.  I have scenes where I have hot spots to show pictures of items in the scene.  Each hotspot pulls up a new Popup Window with a different picture.  All the Popup Windows are in the same lower left side of the screen.  I can manually close the popup windows with a command button on each popup, but I want it so any previous popup window is closed when I open a new hotspot popup window.  Otherwise, I end up with 10-100 popup windows open from earlier hotspot clicks, all covering each other.

Should/Could this be done in javascript rather than popup windows?  Is there any way to create a "frame" in the tour through javascript, then tell each new still picture click to just bring up a new picture in the "frame"?

I hope this does not get too complicated for programming.... or maybe I'm not using the right tools in TW 5.  I'm new to TW 5 and still evaluating.

Thanks in advance!

Message posted by JerryT on December-31-2009 at 3:20pm
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

I just tried using the hotspot action "Pop up image" (rather than "open popup window") and set the location for lower left corner.  I created 2 hotspots with different still images.  When running this, clicking hotspot 1 brings up pic 1, and hotspot 2 brings up pic 2.  But pic 1 is still behind/underneath pic 2.  And the pics won't clear when going to another "scene" where that hotspot does not exist.  I think the user should not have to close the pic when selecting another one.  Or at least have this option when making the hotspot action.

For Popup Windows, I also tried the "mouse over" feature rather than "mouse click" and used the "hide immediately on mouse leave".  I like this and is close to what I need, but my customers will move the mouse around while looking at the detailed photo, copy info from the text description into other documents, etc. So "hide immediately on mouse leave" the hotspot won't quite work either, but us better than images and data panels piling up.

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-02-2010 at 6:59pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a solution for your situation or not but give this a try. If you've created a button that says "Next Scene" and you've attached the action of "next scene" then you can add a second action of "close pop up window" and select the window you want to close.

This solution won't work though if you have created a tour that uses a drop down menu or thumbnails for scene selections.

Bottom line is that you can add multiple actions for hotspots and buttons if needed. I don't think TW3 could do that.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by JerryT on January-07-2010 at 9:07am
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

Thanks for the tips! I will give these a try.  I am testing the opening of still images in a variety of ways to get the effects I need.  So many options to open are valid for my application ... (by thumbnail viewer, by dropdown/combo box, by hotspot on pano scenes, by button control on another still image, by shouting at the screen [just kidding], etc.).  And most of the time I don't want the scene viewer to display the still image because that's the main pano scene being viewed.  So the still image becomes a pop-up window of sorts.

My customers need to open up still photos, and close them easily as they browse through the pano tour scenes, even make the images full screen when they want and zoom in/out to see closer parts of the photos... so all this does get a little complex.

Thanks again!

JerryT

Message posted by dallasrab on January-14-2010 at 6:37pm
View dallasrab's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dallasrab Search   Quote dallasrab Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dallasrab
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-26-2009
3 Posts

Use the text area tool and just add the image you want to use as the background image and leave your text area blank (no text). It gives you the option of choosing the source which corresponds with your image. Just select "Scene" and then choose the scene which you want to open and close your image. Then choose your image. The only thing bad about this is you have to use a jpeg, gif, or text doc. and can't use a .png file, so the background of your image cannot be transparent.  

-------------
D RAB

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on January-15-2010 at 3:06am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by dallasrab on January-14-2010

The only thing bad about this is you have to use a jpeg, gif, or text doc. and can't use a .png file, so the background of your image cannot be transparent.  

GIF allows also the "transparent" background feature ! But requires to decrease the number of colors used to 256 !

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by smooth on January-15-2010 at 3:20am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Guys,

Just like previous releases of Tourweaver you can use .png graphics with full transparencies. You just have to type in the full name with the .png extension.

I.E: image.png

Easypano have just forgotten to add this to the supported list in the Text Area image choices.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by dallasrab on January-16-2010 at 2:13pm
View dallasrab's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dallasrab Search   Quote dallasrab Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dallasrab
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-26-2009
3 Posts

Thanks Smooth!

This information is very helpful. It would be nice if Easypano would add the option for a .png file to the Text Area option in the Tourweaver software, especially since this has been the case with previous versions of Tourweaver. The time spent to figure this out on my own could be avoided in the future by newer users.

Is there a reason that Easypano doesn't add the option for pop-up windows to correspond to certain scenes? If the Map Viewer and Text Area components can open and close automatically with the scene which they corresponds to, shouldn't an image, pop-up, etc. be able to use those same actions? While attempting to find a way to make this work on my own, I was even thinking of using an additional Map Viewer to automatically display corresponding scene Images in place of a map, but Tourweaver only allows you to use one Map Viewer. So of course that wouldn't work because I was using maps in all of my scenes.

Hopefully Easypano will update the Tourweaver software so that these additional options are available.  

-------------
D RAB

Message posted by nerjaace on February-07-2010 at 1:06pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi D Rab, that a good work around. Its a real shame you cannot use an swf with this option. I guess the answer would be if EP could find a solution and have an option to close automatically once you move on to another scene and then we could use the pop up window.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register