Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: tw 4 hotspot image resolution in Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mstoss on December-16-2009 at 6:57am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
When I use low-res (e.g. 34x34) hotspot icons for a low-res panorama the fullscreen panorama will show the low-res hotspot icons enlarged - very ugly. When I use suited hotspot icons (say 120x120) for the low-res panorama, they show up too big (naturally). Resizing the hotspot-icon-dimensions by entering e.g. 34x34 seems to work, but only in the project. Once you preview the panorama, the BIG hotspot icons show up BIG again. Worse: you should expect, that the icons then show up with the right size in fullscreen mode, but they don't: they are STILL BIGGER! ... (calm down, be polite, there must be a solution)

How do I solve this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Rob63 on December-16-2009 at 8:18am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

You're right.  I tested this problem with hotspot images provided by Easypano, both GIF images, and .PGN imgags.  The hotspot looks good on my regular sized viewer, but degrades noticeably when you look at the full screen viewer.  I think you need to submit a trouble ticket to Support.

I tested TW5 with the same hotspot images.  There seems to be no problem going from the normal size viewer to the full screen viewer - the hotspots stay the same sized and retain clarity.

Rob

Message posted by mstoss on December-16-2009 at 10:36am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
I thought, there might have been others with this problem before and know a solution for this. I'm not convinced, but you are right that EP has to have a chance to know about this not via the forum but directly as well. So I opened a help ticket.

Still I'm tired of upgrading to newer versions and pay a lot of money for that, just to make a feature work that is included in the actual version. This is especially true for a simple thing like a hotspot icon which is to be used for two different screen resolutions. If you have a look at the version history of TW 4, there is not less than 17 versions released, sometimes shortly after the previous release. Upgrading to TW5 might help me with this issue, but I guess I'd see more bugs than is good for me with other things.

-------------

Message posted by Rob63 on December-16-2009 at 1:53pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
I agree.  They never seem to get one release fixed before moving on to the next version.  Then we are expected to pay $$$ for the next version...

Message posted by azimut on December-21-2009 at 11:09am
View azimut's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by azimut Search   Quote azimut Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
azimut
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
December-15-2009
1 Posts
I have the same problem with the hotspot.
Y a t there a planned upgrade to these days?
Or should I upgrade to version 5?
It is very urgent for my clients.

Message posted by mstoss on January-28-2010 at 3:35am
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
I just checked older projects and found that version 090123 (the one I worked with until I used the most recent one) did NOT produce this error. Because of the poor fullscreen options I mostly used another player for fullscreen display, but now I made a couple of trade fair vr-tours and they have to be online quickly and clients don't pay that much. So I needed TW to do the whole thing.

If only these versions would work like they should I would not hesitate upgrading. A carpenter is not thinking twice if he is offered a better saw to work with. But even a rusty dull saw is better than a shiny new without handles. Sigh.

-------------

Message posted by bessie.le on February-24-2010 at 9:01pm
View bessie.le's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bessie.le Search   Quote bessie.le Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bessie.le
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
February-22-2010
4 Posts

Hi, here i have a twwinpro.exe file. If you want to solve this problem, just need to replace the old twwinpro.exe in the installation directory of tourweaver 4.00 with this one. You can download the twwinpro.exe file I offer at http://www.easypano.com/twtest/bessie111/twwinpro.zip .

By the way the latest version of tourweaver 5.00 has no such problem with the hotspot.

-------------
easypano, the best virtual tour solution for you

Message posted by siccorsky on June-09-2010 at 5:09pm
View siccorsky's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by siccorsky Search   Visit siccorsky's Homepage www   Quote siccorsky Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hi Bessie, this patch doesn't seem to work, can you help please. Tours just look ugly or doesn't work under Snow Leopard. Please let me know what else I could do. I'm working under WinXP...
Thanks
Mike

Message posted by siccorsky on June-29-2010 at 3:39pm
View siccorsky's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by siccorsky Search   Visit siccorsky's Homepage www   Quote siccorsky Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hi Guys, Maybe you will reply and be able to help me as I tried to ask someone in this thread and changed the file as advised by bessie but it didn't help with resizing on hotspots on fullscreen.

The Zoom in Scale with FOV is NOT selected my version is 4.00.090914, can someone help as I'm reexporting all the tour because of the Flash problem... I could fix this thing also...

Nobody seems to care..
I reported the bug, No one even replied..
So guys if you could maybe help...it would be great. Thanks
Regards
Mike

PS.
If someone from EasyPano customer support actually reads it, please understand, your product ISN'T CHEAP, actually it's the most expensive one! and most important isn't the only in the market. this is not how you treat your customers.

This is huge problem for me, it's not enough I have to republish all my tours because of the Flash update (we are talking tens of man hours and explaining to my customers why they need to replace their files as they might not play in the next few months when everyone will update flash!) The tours still will have a major bug in them with hotspots in full screen looking like something straight from 80's!

And please don't tell me to upgrade because new TW5 has this problem solved because we can all see it has more issues than this one at the moment. I would like someone from customer care to reply me!

-------------
Virtual Tours Ireland     Like on Facebook       Follow on Twitter

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register