Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW5 .exe file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on December-18-2009 at 10:13am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Is anyone else having trouble getting a tour to create an .exe file of your tour?

I checked the Flash VR(exe) box on the Format page of the Publish settings.

I then publish the tour, but all that happens is a normal publish of the tour with all of the usual files published.

Could the program be sending the .exe file somewhere else on my computer.  I just can't seem to locate an actual .exe file anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Message posted by Rob63 on December-18-2009 at 10:43am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Ok, I loaded the Easypano sample tour - Nanhui - and it published correctly, both .exe file and all other files.

I have all the same boxes checked when I try to publish my tour to .exe, but No Joy!

What could be going on here?

Anyone?

Message posted by smooth on December-18-2009 at 10:53am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Is it a newly compiled TW5 tour or an imported TW4 tour?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rokclimr on December-18-2009 at 10:55am
View rokclimr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rokclimr Search   Quote rokclimr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

Our imported TW4 tours will not export an .exe at all.  A new TW5 tour will export properly.

Brad

Message posted by Rob63 on December-18-2009 at 11:26am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I figured out the problem.

On the Publish Settings Box, under General Tab, the next to last box - Popup File Name Prefix: tourweaver - if you change tourweaver to any other name, the program will not create a .exe file.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Message posted by Rob63 on December-18-2009 at 11:32am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I've now tested this with the nanhui sample tour included with TW5.  It will not publish a .exe file if you change Tourweaver in the Popup File Name Prefix box, it will proceed to only publish the usual .html files and associated folders.

The problem with this is, you will have Tourweaver in your weblink to the tour, unless you publish twice, once with some other word, and then another with Tourweaver to get the .exe

Message posted by rokclimr on December-18-2009 at 9:10pm
View rokclimr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rokclimr Search   Quote rokclimr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

Rob, good find!  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Brad

Message posted by Rob63 on December-19-2009 at 12:08pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

A farily easy work around:

After publishing the tour, go to the folder that contains the .html files, and simply change "TourWeaver" to something else.

The tour will still run just fine.

Rob

Message posted by phillcooper on January-21-2010 at 4:28am
View phillcooper's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phillcooper Search   Visit phillcooper's Homepage www   Quote phillcooper Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phillcooper
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-07-2009
9 Posts
i have done this however when i open the .exe file, it is just a blank white screen. any idea how to fix this?

Message posted by DTX360 on January-26-2010 at 9:39pm
View DTX360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DTX360 Search   Quote DTX360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DTX360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-31-2007
9 Posts

For now, make sure your filename is less than 12 characters.

I had this issue, ansd EP gave me this work around till it's fixed. Works fine for me now, other than truncated long file names

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register