Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Poor TW5 performance Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maskatuoklis on December-30-2009 at 7:02am
View maskatuoklis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maskatuoklis Search   Quote maskatuoklis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maskatuoklis
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
December-18-2009
2 Posts
I have compiled the same project with TW4 and TW5. Altough TW5 version loads noticebly faster than TW4 version, the looking is way slower and choppier (noticed just now - and the mouse actions are lagging). I have tried to view with different configurations (different pc's and browsers) - the view of TW4 panoramas is really smoother. Any suggestions ? ;/

Alaso tried to ask Easypano, but their bug submitting form is somewhat broken.

P.S. Tour consists of ~260 scenes.

Message posted by virtualsv on December-30-2009 at 3:10pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
Can you post example

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by maskatuoklis on December-30-2009 at 4:51pm
View maskatuoklis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maskatuoklis Search   Quote maskatuoklis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maskatuoklis
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
December-18-2009
2 Posts
TW4:

http://www.mikasbinkis.lt/ktu/ktul_ktul2.html

TW5:

http://www.mikasbinkis.lt/ktu2/ktul_ktul2.html

Try to slide the view (in fullscreen) from one side to another: TW4 should be smooth and TW5 version - choppy, like it's dropping frames.

Message posted by virtualsv on December-31-2009 at 5:35am
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
Yes I can see a difference. More noticeable on my Laptop that has a slower processor. They really need to fix this problem, need to look back at my tours now. Thanks for giving us an example.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by Rob63 on December-31-2009 at 10:39am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

What are your file sizes?  They must be huge.  They take a really long time to load compared to other tours I've seen, like Miguel's example on his recent post.

It seems like you are using an older version of TW4 before they upgraded the scene viewer.  Your TW4 viewer doesn't glide to a stop after the user rotates the scene with the mouse.

I really don't see the problem you are talking about on the TW5 example.  I'm viewing on a Dell XPS laptop with Duo Core processor and 4MB of RAM.  But both tours take forever to load with no progress bar on the loading window some users may think it's stopped working.

Rob

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-03-2010 at 10:20am
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I see a difference on my 3 year old Toshiba Laptop. Less so on my fairly new PC. I never used TW4. I went from 3 to 5 and while I like the new pop up window feature and the ability of adding FLV videos I think I will stick with TW3 for simple tours. TW5 is not as smooth as TW3 and TW4 in this case. I too hope EP optimizes that.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register