Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: scale image/skin in 5pro Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by builderguy on January-03-2010 at 11:34am
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

Just started to play around with 5pro.  I found out how to anchor components and make them move relative to window size. 

Is there a way to have my background image (skin) scale to fill the size of the window that it opens up in?

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 11:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Yes, set it to 100% x 100%
You might have too temporarily move the viewer to access it if it is also 100% x 100% so you can access the Properties and then replace it once done.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by builderguy on January-03-2010 at 12:03pm
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

Thanks for the response. Exciting to hear this is possible but I'm doing something wrong. When I publish at the following settings the background image does not scale it just stays anchored in the upper left corner.

Am I misunderstanding your advice?

Message posted by builderguy on January-03-2010 at 12:04pm
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

hmmm image didn't work, lets try this

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 12:26pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The image itself must be large enough to cover the complete screen. It will not stretch an image, it is the "stage" that is 100% x 100%.

Test this with "color" background.

You will need an image that tiles seamlessly (just like a webpage background image).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 12:32pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You also can make a background image out of components with say 4 corners, 2 sides and top and bottom infills. It is the infills that will need to be much wider than your screen as to cater for wider/taller resolutions. All anchored into their correct places.

Harry posted a good example of this recently and explained that you can use the "tab" button to isolate and display each component to give you an idea how it is done.

See this thread

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by builderguy on January-03-2010 at 12:33pm
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

Ah I see.  That's too bad, I guess my idea won't work then. 

So just to double check that I understand correctly.  The program cannot scale (stretch or shrink) an image but it can tile one.

Message posted by builderguy on January-03-2010 at 12:35pm
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

I will try to find that post about the corners and infills since that may work for what I would like to do.  What search phrase would you suggest to find it?\

nevermind I just saw the link

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 12:36pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Just check the gallery.

I have added a link (above).

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on January-03-2010 at 12:39pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by builderguy on January-03-2010

Ah I see. That's too bad, I guess my idea won't work then.

So just to double check that I understand correctly. The program cannot scale (stretch or shrink) an image but it can tile one.

No it won't actually tile automatically I just meant a repetitive pattern where the image/design is tiled by repeating itself.

Separate components will be better for you I think.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register