Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Major bug using "Movie REC" Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rokclimr on January-06-2010 at 3:14pm
View rokclimr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rokclimr Search   Quote rokclimr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

We've had this bug since we started using TW4 and it still exists in 5.

We create multiple movies that are linked from a map so the user can pick different spots on the map and the scene will point to a specific object.

This works great until you try to rename the movies.  If you rename a movie it will change every action you have made so far to the last movie you renamed.  If we use the default name (Movie 1, Movie 2, etc)  it works fine.  Using the default names creates much confusion trying to keep track of all the links!

Any ideas or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Brad

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-06-2010 at 4:35pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I have not tried it but I remember someone saying that after you publish it you can go into the code and change it to what ever you want it will work.
Let me know if it works.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on January-07-2010 at 3:39am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Try creating the movie tracks with the correct name/s before building. Changing the movie name/s after the fact means you will need to change the properties on every entry otherwise.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rokclimr on January-07-2010 at 11:18am
View rokclimr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rokclimr Search   Quote rokclimr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

Thanks for the replys.  Smooth, we are changing the names before building.  Everytime we add another movie if you modify the name it changes every link you've made up to that point to the latest name. 

Here's an example.  Create three hotspots on a scene.  Create two movies and rename them something like test 1 and test 2.  Link one hotspot to test 1 and another hotspot to test 2.  Now test this and everything will work fine.  Now go in and create another movie and rename it test 3.  Now look at the previous actions you created and they will all link to test 3.  Very bizarre!

Brad

Message posted by smooth on January-07-2010 at 11:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
What is your "default" movie track whilst doing this? Or are you changing it as you go?

All the links must point to the designated movie track of choice. Not be left to the default movie track.

You may well be 100% correct - I have tested this as yet. I'm just answering from past experiences.

When I have some more free time I will give it a blast.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by rokclimr on January-09-2010 at 9:10pm
rokclimr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-12-2009
13 Posts

Hey Smooth, no matter how I do it if I rename my movie tracks it changes all previously set links to the last movie track that I renamed.

Like I said it works perfect if I don't rename tracks but then I have to make a seperate spread sheet to keep track of all the movies.

Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register