Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: blank exe Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by DTX360 on January-11-2010 at 7:19pm
View DTX360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DTX360 Search   Quote DTX360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DTX360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-31-2007
9 Posts

Hi,

Having made several virtual tours on the trot all was working fine, it created the exe and the html files with the correct skin etc...

Using exactly the same process with additonal tours, I now get a Blank exe anyone shed any light on this? I'm guessing it's a bug somehwere as all previous tours created sucessfully

Message posted by JerryT on January-15-2010 at 10:57am
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

By Blank exe, do you mean:

a) the .exe file is zero bytes?

b) you run the published .exe file and it starts a viewer window, but the contents are blank and the tour does not run?

If A, I have no idea.

If B, I've had some problems with that... not totally resolved yet with my tours.  Has something to do with publish settings to get it to work, like publish to folders is still turned on even if making .exe file.  Some other settings/names might have to be set properly too like tourname, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Message posted by DTX360 on January-18-2010 at 4:27am
View DTX360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DTX360 Search   Quote DTX360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DTX360
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-31-2007
9 Posts

Hi Jerry,

It's a bug in Tourweaver 5, Which I have reported.

The exe contains all the right files, it just doesn't play, the workaround for now is not to change the default file name, in other words do not change project# (# = project number) this is not ideal as the tour has the word project name in the exe title bar, so for me this is unusable as it is. Apparently the fix is on it's way, we'll see.

Message posted by gatz on April-26-2010 at 2:21pm
View gatz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gatz Search   Quote gatz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gatz
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-04-2010
4 Posts
My experience is that you need to build your EXE to the workspace folder on your C drive. This cleared up the problems I was having with blank EXEs.

rg

Message posted by kmsr on May-02-2010 at 9:11am
View kmsr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kmsr Search   Visit kmsr's Homepage www   Quote kmsr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kmsr
Standard Member
Standard Member
Saudi Arabia
March-18-2010
24 Posts

Your project name must be less than 11 charachter , i face this problem before

-------------
Thanks & Best Regards

Message posted by JerryT on May-02-2010 at 7:46pm
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

I agree about the project name must be less than 11 characters. I use tailored names, but they must be <11 chars.  Then the viewer .exe would run.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register