Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW 5 - Scene Rotation Speed Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on January-13-2010 at 6:13pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Has anyone tried to change the rotation speed of the pano from 10 to something like 6?

When I do this it seems to only change the rotation speed when you switch to Full Screen Mode, so the rotation seems to stay at 10 in normal mode, then slow to 6 when you switch to Full Screen.

Take a look at this example tour and let me know if that's what you seem to get too:

www.360digitalpics.com/Umstead/360D_Umstead.html

Thanks,

Rob

Message posted by smooth on January-13-2010 at 11:54pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
The speed remains the same in either state for me when viewing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Rob63 on January-14-2010 at 9:06am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Interesting.  For me there is definately a difference and the Full Screen is much smoother when it rotates.  The normal mode screen seems to be much more jerky when rotating.

Thanks.

Rob

Message posted by smooth on January-14-2010 at 9:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
OK, slightly more jerky in normal mode but the speed is exactly the same.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by JerryT on January-15-2010 at 10:46am
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

I looked at your Front 360 scene... timed it.  I did not move mouse around, etc. I just just watched for an entire revolution.

Normal mode: 1 minute

Full screen: 1:30 minute

As for jerkiness, I'm on a fast computer, so both looked alright to me at glance.

Message posted by Rob63 on January-15-2010 at 12:36pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Thanks.  So your times seem about right - I lowered the pre-set time from 10 to 6, so both should be at 1:30.  I'll send a ticket in on it.

Thanks.

Message posted by funkens on January-17-2010 at 6:45am
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Nice tour Rob!
To me looks like they go equally fast now, fixed the problem?
Am wondering about the download tour button you added, would it be possible you tell how to set up that function?

Message posted by Rob63 on January-17-2010 at 10:47am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I simply load the exe. file to my webserver along with the other tour files.

I create a button with the action - link to url.  I point the url to the .exe file on the server - done.

Still working on the rotation speed situation.  It seems to rotate differently for different users.  Maybe related to the users computer and processor speed.

Thanks,

Rob

Message posted by pixelator on October-19-2010 at 10:10pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Did a search for "rotation speed" and found my way here, so figured I would continue here in this thread.

When the tour first starts it goes in rotation very quickly. If you click on the tour it then slows and is less jerky. The link provided by Rob above is a very good example of what I'm talking about. Open the link and let it run through and the time is around 25 seconds or so. Close the window and open the link again, this time clicking on it and see the difference.
What I done was clicked on the tour to stop it, then click on the thumbnail (Front 360) and it will then start at a slower pace.

It's like the initial rotation is set to a speed of 20 or something but it takes clicking on it to slow it to what the settings were set to when the tour was made.

Just upgraded to TW6 and I know this a TW5 thread but the same thing has been happening since at least TW3. Can't remember if TW 1.3 done it or not?

Message posted by smooth on October-20-2010 at 6:09am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

A tour follows a movie track (be it your own or the default "Slideshow" movie track) whenever in Auto Play mode or when you click on the Play button. Whatever the rotation speed is of the movie track of the "scene" is how fast the scene will rotate.

Clicking a button, say a directional button will take you away from the movie track and onto the whatever the button is set at. Meaning it will obey the rotation speed of the button. Your directional buttons can have the same or different rotational speeds.

You have no control over the rotation speed of the "Play or Direction" buttons in fullscreen mode "if" you are using the Tourweaver default fullscreen control menu. You get whatever Easypano set this at.

Worth noting is that the timeline on a movie track will show in what is presumably "S" for seconds. My testings show this is not true and should be used only as a reference or guide. Relying on it for actual real life seconds will only disappoint. I.E: 40 seconds on the timeline is 24 seconds in real life on "this" computer I typing this on. 40s is default rotation speed of 10. A change of rotation speed to 2 adjusts the movie track of the scene to 200s and real life seconds to 122 seconds (again on this computer). It will change from computer to computer depending on CPU power.

You need to pay attention to what movie track you have assigned. You also should make sure that in the publish section of Tourweaver the same movie track is set for Autoplay.

I hope this gives you a better idea how and why you see different speeds.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register