Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW5 Demo is destroying TW4 projects Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mstoss on January-14-2010 at 7:32am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Just found that TW5 (demo) has destroyed a TW4 project. I wanted to check if TW5 is able to handle hotspot images in normal/fullscreen correctly. I did not save the project, I only used the preview function and closed TW5 afterwards.

On the next start-up of TW4 (NOT of TW5) a strange warning apeared about opening the project with the latest TW version would make it impossible to open with earlier versions. How can this be? What about a warning like this when opening a TW4 project with TW5? That's probably how it was meant to be.

It's so frustrating with these things.

BTW I have never received an answer to my help ticket regarding that hotspot issue. So don't tell me, I shall use the ticket system.

Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Rob63 on January-14-2010 at 9:11am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Michael, sorry that happened to you.  I always save a finished project under another name for testing, in that way I've always got the original safe in my TW 4 Folder.

About the hotspot.  I found a box called "Zoom in scale with FOV" and there is a box you need to check there.  When I did that, I didn't seem to have a problem.  Not sure if that would help your situation, but you might want to check it.

Rob

Message posted by mstoss on January-15-2010 at 2:41pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Rob63 on January-14-2010

Michael, sorry that happened to you. I always save a finished project under another name for testing, in that way I've always got the original safe in my TW 4 Folder.

About the hotspot. I found a box called "Zoom in scale with FOV" and there is a box you need to check there. WhenI did that, I didn't seem to have a problem. Not sure if that would help your situation, but you might want to check it.

Rob

Well, I do nearly always the same. Nearly, and yes, I did have a somewhat older backup. What is a project file for, if not for storing the media and their dependency. What is a preview for, if not having a non-destructive look at the changes you make at your project? Opening a project and closing it should leave the project untouched. Opening a project and creating a preview should leave the project untouched. This is basic software principles. Well, after all it is not worth complaining, it is what it is.

The hotspot issue seems not to be depending on this checkbox. The difference is like in this screenshot: both hotspot images are the same file dimensions, but one is scaled when zooming in, the other one not.

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by tkerns on January-17-2010 at 2:05pm
View tkerns's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tkerns Search   Quote tkerns Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tkerns
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-10-2009
9 Posts
I totally agree with the preview and saving issue. when you click preview, it should NOT save over your existing project.

If it needs to save a copy to do a temporary publish to preview it, it should save it to a temporary folder.

There have been times I have made a bunch of changes, and previewed, and didnt like the changes, so closed the project without saving thinking I still had the old copy. When I re opened the project, I discovered unhapilly that TW had saved my project without warning me

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register