Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tour will not play Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pnealis on February-02-2010 at 11:28am
View pnealis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pnealis Search   Visit pnealis's Homepage www   Quote pnealis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pnealis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-25-2010
17 Posts
I am totally confused by the behavior of TW5. I am running vista home premium and when I build a tour I can preview it just fine. When I publish the tour it will not run. The progress bar indicates the tour is loading and when it reaches the halfway point is stops. No images are displayed.

When I go back to the project file and try to preview it also stops midway in the preview and does not load images. HELP

-------------
pnealis

Message posted by JerryT on February-04-2010 at 12:01am
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts
Hmm, I never had this experience.  So you have not been able to preview (very often) or publish and run your project output since you started your project?  I don't know  if I can help... but maybe others can.  We might need to know more about your project...  if you are doing anything massive, like 500 hotspots, etc.  Or is your project pretty simple?  Can you get any project to publish and/or preview and run consistently (several test projects)?

Message posted by pnealis on February-04-2010 at 4:24am
View pnealis's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pnealis Search   Visit pnealis's Homepage www   Quote pnealis Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pnealis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-25-2010
17 Posts

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Just as background I have used TW for 5 years including 3 and previous versions. I recently upgraded from TW4 to TW5.

I have a very simple project with 20 stills and 6 panos. I create a folder for the project and collect the photos from a folder elsewhere on the Vista OS computer. I can preview the project and it works and looks great. When I publish it to the project folder where I saved the project file. When I publish to that same folder the images don't show up in the folder. All the other files are generated including the zip files. When I try to view the tour using the generated html files non of the images display in the player.

One thing interesting when I first installed TW5 the application worked fine. I generated about 3 or 4 tours and was please with the application feature set and results. Then 2 weeks ago everything stopped working the way it is supposed to. I tried a fresh install of TW5 to no avail.

Here is a link to a tour I created intitially.

http://homestheatre.net/gh/1120092/main_1120092.html

I am trying to duplcate the workflow and generate others and cannot. Any help is appreciated. Thank you again.

-------------
pnealis

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2010 at 4:34am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
This is a very hard thing to diagnose online without the files. It is possible that you have saved .jpg images in a "progressive" mode and not "baseline".

Check this in Photoshop.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pnealis on February-04-2010 at 4:43am
pnealis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-25-2010
17 Posts
Yes, I know. My photoshop files have always been the same but I have not checked that and will. I can send project files if someone cares to look at them but I really get nothing to send.

I am tearing my hair out on this one so any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

-------------
pnealis

Message posted by Rob63 on February-04-2010 at 9:00am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
Tour loads fine for me.  IE 7. Window Vista Home Premium.

Message posted by pnealis on February-04-2010 at 11:04am
pnealis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-25-2010
17 Posts
Thanks, Rob. The link I sent is to demonstrate a tour I created before I was having the problems I mention above. Presently I cannot produce a tour using TW5 and am trying to figure why.

-------------
pnealis

Message posted by Rob63 on February-04-2010 at 6:59pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Oh, ok, sorry I thought that was the link to the tour you were having trouble with.

Have you tried reinstalling TW5?

Have you tried turning off any security software, i.e. Norton?

Oh, one thing I had to do with both TW4 and 5...I created a new location for the published files on the publish page.  I created a TW 5 folder under My Documents and an Output Folder under TW 5 and had the files published to that location.  For some reason the default location - on my C drive under Program Folder/TW5... did not work.

Rob

Message posted by pnealis on February-04-2010 at 7:50pm
pnealis
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-25-2010
17 Posts
Hey, Rob thank you. I suspect the publish location can be an issue so I have created a special folder for each tour I am publishing however that is not working. :-(

I will try turning off security which I never thought of. In desparation I may fire up my XP machine and work with TW5 on it.

I never used TW4 because I could never figure out where the output files were going and was confused by the publishing method. That same might be true with TW5 but strangely I got a few tours out and it broke.

Thanks again for getting back to me, Rob. I appreciate it.

-------------
pnealis

Message posted by jamesot on February-05-2010 at 12:06am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
Sounds like publish location settings to me. TW4 allowed them to be in the same directory as the vt files but TW5 has to publish to it's own directory or it only goes part way through with publishing and actually copies over and removes the scene files.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register