Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Choppy Tours? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by cncphotos on February-25-2010 at 9:19pm
View cncphotos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cncphotos Search   Quote cncphotos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cncphotos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
September-15-2009
10 Posts
I have noticed that the tours produced are kind of choppy. They look like moving pixels or some parts of the image appear to flash while the tour is rotating.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to avoid/eliminate this, and why this is happening??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CNC

Message posted by cncphotos on February-25-2010 at 9:20pm
View cncphotos's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cncphotos Search   Quote cncphotos Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cncphotos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
September-15-2009
10 Posts
Sorry I forgot to post an example:

http://www.rephotography.ca/virtualtours/8%20Cantwell/Michelle%20Fraser_8%20Cantwell.html

Message posted by smooth on February-26-2010 at 2:41am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Do you notice this in the small version only but not in fullscreen?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by thedhgroup on February-26-2010 at 3:09pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I personally noticed a bit of "glimmer" in the small mode but no jerky. If I were to view this on my older laptop computer though it would be jerky. I think many times it is dependent on your CPU speed and or your video card quality.

You can fix the "glimmer" by making your viewer larger but then that means redesigning your whole skin.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by cncphotos on February-26-2010 at 3:32pm
cncphotos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
September-15-2009
10 Posts
I do see a tiny bit of "glimmer" on the full screen but not really woth mentioning but yeah its heavy on the small version

CnC

Message posted by smooth on February-27-2010 at 1:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You need to make use of the Publish Options of Tourweaver and produce two different size panoramas of the same scene. One that will display correctly in the small viewer and one that is suited to fullscreen.

The benefits are two fold.
  1. Correct display without glimmer
  2. Should the end user not want to view the large version the download will be much faster

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register