Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Ken Burns Effect? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maxxnas on April-14-2010 at 1:31am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

I want to start my tour by adding a few images before my panos begin but the movement for these seems very limited.

Is there any way to add a Ken Burns Effect (ie - slowly zoom into an image then cross fade to another image)?

And how is Tourweaver handling these images in Full Screen Mode?  Are they allowing for full screen bitmap smoothing?

I clicked on my still image to goto full screen mode and Tourweaver turned it into a cylinder?????

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by nerjaace on April-14-2010 at 1:00pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi maxxnas, yes you can do this if you create your own movie rather than SlideShow.

Message posted by maxxnas on April-14-2010 at 2:01pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts
Thanks Nerjaace!

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-17-2010 at 11:38am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

This is a hard one because a proper 'ken burns' effect, in my opinion, isn't some random pan and zoom over an image.  What made the Ken Burns effect such a winner in the American Civil War series was what he was panning into and how it related to the spoken text.  The Mac iMovie 'ken burns effect' loses much, if not all, of the effect which was meant. So if you're highlighting a posh restaurant it would be best to pan/zoom into something that meant luxury/comfort/style etc to the viewer.

One way which might also help is to make a movie on Movie Maker (yeah I know its not great) and use rehan's pan/zoom effect - a free download - or the Pixelan software one and have a movie which you can then export to swf and include as a pop-up. 

Hope this helps!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by maxxnas on April-19-2010 at 3:42am
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

rfh12002,

I completely agree.  I'm a big flash user and to create the effect is relatively simple.  Just not in Tourweaver.  What really bothers me is the fact that there is very little you can actually do with Tourweaver in regards to images.

I've always been a big fan of having the ability to go full-screen.  I can't tell you the countless model homes I have shot and the expressions on the client's faces when you engage in full-screen mode.  The big disappointment for me is that there is no option to have the images scale properly to accommodate this function. <--maybe a feature request for easypano along with bitmap smoothing.

I was also disappointed to see that the timeline (Movie REC) feature (v5 pro) has remained relatively unchanged since earlier versions.  This is something that could use great enhancements.  Making the timeline more flexible like Adobes Flash would be awesome.

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-19-2010 at 1:46pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Absolutely -the full screen effect is a real 'wow' factor and I totally agree that a percentage scale from things in non-full screen to full screen would be great.  At the moment its a tough compromise - have a small pop-up image or video so it fits into non-full screen but which looks tiny when you go full screen or have a huge pop up image/video which fills the non-full screen mode but looks much better on full screen.

Its my main 'wishlist' thing for TW6 - I had hoped this would have been rectified in 5.

That sounds a little negative from me - sorry EP - I do love TW4 though and this is just a little wish!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register