Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Day/Night Mode Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by desert_rodeo on April-25-2010 at 2:43am
View desert_rodeo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by desert_rodeo Search   Quote desert_rodeo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
desert_rodeo
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
April-22-2010
7 Posts
A property or a scene looks completely different in the day light and at night.
I've got a substantial client list who would love to get virtual tours made with the option of converting the scene to night mode or vice versa. I've tried to do this myself by adding a hotspot in the day scene and then linking it to the same scene shot at night, but the night scene never starts in the same place. Hence, the transition doesn't appear to be smooth and professional.
Please look into this. This could become extremely popular.

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-25-2010 at 4:23am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there,

It is possible to make them both start at the same place but do you mean this;

User clicks on day mode, looks around, clicks on night mode and the night scene loads but isn't in the same place which the day scene ended on?

I don't think its possible for the night scene to be set so it loads up in whichever direction the day one ends in.  The user looking around one will mean that the next one can't start at the place the previous one ended on.

It is possible to set them up so that they both start looking in the same direction.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by desert_rodeo on April-27-2010 at 5:15am
View desert_rodeo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by desert_rodeo Search   Quote desert_rodeo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
desert_rodeo
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
April-22-2010
7 Posts
Hi,
Thanx a ton for your reply.

I understand that it can't be done in every scene and direction and only upon clicking the day/night mode, hence the scene transition will happen only on one particular scene.

I want to set them up so that the other scene starts in the same direction. But the transition has to be smooth and accurate.
Please advice how do I go along doing it.

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-27-2010 at 4:32pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

My pleasure - only hope I can be of some help.

OK - so you have your tour and, lets say, the final scene is the one which has both day and night shots.

Set your day scene up this way...

add your scene

double click on it to change the main window so that all you see is your -ano scene.

then look at the top of this image and click on the 'immersive' setting. This will let you see your rotatable panorama inside the skin you have chosen/made.

then look at the 'properties and actions' panel (which is usually below your working window).

Look at the 'pan initial' number.  Either type a number in or click on the arrow to the right of the number entry box.  Moving this by either method should see your pano scene rotate. Leave it facing the direction you want your users to 'look in' first.

Next, I'd recommend changing the 'speed' setting to 0 - then it users will not have the scene rotating automatically.

Then add in your night shot to your 360 panorama list.

Double click on the image so that your window now shows your night pano. DONT change to 'immersive' here.

You could make a button which you use with your 'day scene'.  This button will need to have the following - add the button, then click on 'actions' in the 'properties and actions' panel.

click on 'scene and movie' (in the list to the left of the 'properties and actions' panel).

Choose the 'link to scene'  and then use the 'plus' button to add this action.

a little window will now appear.  Select your night pano and use the 'pan' setting so that your users will now be 'looking' in exaclty the same direction as in the day scene.

This should work.  As I said, if they move around in the scene the replacement 'night' shot won't start facing in the direction they left the day scene in. BUT - if the users have to rotate round to see the 'click here for night view' button (or whatever you wish to call it) then they will be facing more or less in the direction you want. 

Hope this is clear!

-------------

Message posted by desert_rodeo on April-30-2010 at 5:56am
desert_rodeo
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Arab Emirates
April-22-2010
7 Posts
Thanx a lot for the detailed infor.
This process helps a lot. Except a small glitch..don't know why, but when I set the rotation speed to 0, the rotation is much faster instead of not at all!!
But I'm trying to fine tune that bit. Thanks again for your support.

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-30-2010 at 8:45am
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Tourweaver tours have a 'movie' which automatically sets rotation speed.  It is very easy to 'switch off'.

Select 'publish' in the main menu, click on 'general' and then deselect the 'autoplay' function (it is next to 'default movie').

Then when you publish it the movie doesn't work and instead the tour uses your rotation settings.

-------------

Message posted by offliner63 on May-04-2010 at 11:59am
View offliner63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by offliner63 Search   Visit offliner63's Homepage www   Quote offliner63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
offliner63
Standard Member
Standard Member
Estonia
May-08-2009
23 Posts
I made something similar, using the mapviewer with hotspots
so the day/night can be switched in full screen mode

http://www.real24.ee/tours/vihterpalu/new/vihterplau_vihterpalu.html

first scene, best look when you are facing the house

-------------
Marek
www.real24.ee
www.3dsolutions.eu

Message posted by mskp on May-04-2010 at 4:22pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by desert_rodeo on April-25-2010
I've tried to do this myself by adding a hotspot in the day scene and then linking it to the same scene shot at night, but the night scene never starts in the same place. Hence, the transition doesn't appear to be smooth and professional.

Hi!

I think a workaround could be using as you did a hotspot in the first scene (lets say day) and link it to the same night scene, but using as Transition Effect in the Link to scene window "Walk Through". That allows you to set the end location of the first scene and the initial location of the destination scene. Doing that you can choose the same position, achieving the effect you want to or at least closer then the one you have now. It will always start where you have set it.

Good luck, Martin

Message posted by servaas on May-14-2010 at 9:01am
View servaas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by servaas Search   Quote servaas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
servaas
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
April-19-2008
41 Posts
I agree with mskp

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register