Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Converting swf to javascript Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wolverine on April-29-2010 at 12:59pm
View Wolverine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wolverine Search   Quote Wolverine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wolverine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Bahamas
March-22-2010
7 Posts
Hey guys, I made a virtual tour and I want to convert the swf to javascript or anything that works on iPad. I was able to manualy paste the presentation on iPad, but now it says i need flash player. I know there is a way to convert it to javascript. Very urgent. Need help :(   

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-29-2010 at 9:10pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

I'm afraid I don't know how to turn an swf into javascript but if you have the original tour files in tourweaver can't you just export it as a javascript file?

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by maxxnas on April-29-2010 at 9:47pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts
If you have an older version of Tourweaver (3.0 or lower) you can publish in Java but you would have to recreate your tours again. It is not possible to convert your existing .swf to a Java Applet.

Message posted by tbrusson on April-30-2010 at 3:12am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Depending in the needs : If it's urgent and it's required to be displayed on Ipad, you should make a movie (using camtasia or screenflow) and output in quicktime format. There will be no interactivity but again it depends on the purpose of the demo.

thierry

Message posted by Wolverine on April-30-2010 at 5:16am
View Wolverine's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wolverine Search   Quote Wolverine Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wolverine
Standard Member
Standard Member
Bahamas
March-22-2010
7 Posts
Ok, so i got a trial version of 3.0 somewhere on the internet, i saved it as java. Any ideas how to make it work on ipad?

Message posted by tbrusson on April-30-2010 at 7:44am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
I am afraid you can't. Basically an Ipad is not different than an Iphone or Ipod touch (system is the same) but for the size of the screen and the A4 chip. A TW3 java tour is not working on it.

thierry

Message posted by maxxnas on April-30-2010 at 8:00am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Wolverine, 

My mistake.  I just realized that In addition to Apple not supporting Flash, they are not supporting JAVA either.   I would tell you to design the tours in QuickTime but I believe there is limited features and the iPad wont support those as well.  I look at the iPad as being a tablet computer meant for LIGHT internet browsing.  It is not capable of displaying the tours you create in Tourweaver and sadly enough, HTML5 is not the answer at the present time to completely replace the virtual tours we have become so use to.

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register