Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: 100 panos, .exe is 160MB... hangs at 13% Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by JerryT on May-02-2010 at 7:55pm
View JerryT's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JerryT Search   Quote JerryT Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JerryT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-28-2009
25 Posts

I have 100 panos and 100 still photos in a compiled tour .exe file.  It compiles to 160 MB which is getting pretty large.

The .exe will not run on WinXP slower computers that I have.  It hangs at loading ...13%.  The non-.exe version (i.e. html flash version) does not run either in MSIE.

My 160 MB .exe tour runs fine on my Windows 7 duo and quad core computers.

Have I reached a technological threshold?  I know earlier I had 50 panos, 50 still photos, and 65 MB .exe file of the same tour, and it ran fine on my WinXP boxes.

Any thoughts? (I suspect I need to break up my tour into smaller tours, but it's hard [ActiveX] or impossible to link inside TW5 to other .exe tour files for the other segments.)

Thanks,

Jerry

Message posted by rfh12002 on May-03-2010 at 2:33am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey there,

Instead of splitting it up inside TW5, couldn't you just make a 'menu page' (rather than a TW one) which gives you the options of tour 1, 2 or 3?

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register