Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Production Blurs pics Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by dsevtp on May-03-2010 at 9:00am
View dsevtp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dsevtp Search   Visit dsevtp's Homepage www   Quote dsevtp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dsevtp
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-10-2009
2 Posts
Hey everyone I got a situation here. I see the many really clear VT's and I wonder how they stay so clear. I produce all my pics with a EOS 7D from Canon, It takes beautiful pictures however when I place them into Tourweaver 5.0 they blur and are no longer sharp. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I can't figure it out. Note the files must be smaller so there is no long load period for the web. I see the ones produced on this site and wonder how they keep their clairity and load time so low? Please help

-------------
Dale Simmons
DSE Virtual Tour Productions

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-03-2010 at 9:57am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Hi Dale and welcome to the forum.
What size are your images? How are you changing the size? Can you post an example?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by dsevtp on May-03-2010 at 4:10pm
View dsevtp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dsevtp Search   Visit dsevtp's Homepage www   Quote dsevtp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dsevtp
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-10-2009
2 Posts

I take all photos at 18.4 MP and have to resize them way down. I think this is where the problem is happening.

Here is a sample http://www.dsevtp.com/ge

-------------
Dale Simmons
DSE Virtual Tour Productions

Message posted by maxxnas on May-03-2010 at 5:05pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Dale,

It boils down to how you are processing your images.  After you stitch your images together are you doing any kind of processing in photoshop or another graphics program?  We need to know your workflow in order to help you.

Exactly how small are your file sizes?  What size are the final images you are using? 

I personally bring my final images to a size of 5000 x 2500 which works well for me.  Here is an example taken on a Canon EOS 5D

http://www.nastudios.com/virtual/timberidge.html

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on May-03-2010 at 5:09pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I resize mine two ways.
1. KissMyImage to batch resize my stills and Panos after stitched.
2. PhotoShop CS4 to batch resize my stills. Starting to use this more.
I shoot raw at 12.2 MP and don't convert from Tiff to JPG untill the very last step.
What method are you using. Are you converting to SRGB for the web?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by ogsimmons on May-04-2010 at 12:11am
View ogsimmons's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ogsimmons Search   Quote ogsimmons Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ogsimmons
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-10-2009
1 Posts

Okay this is what I do. EOS 7D with a 10 to 24mm wideangle F22. Images from the camera are 5184x3456 @ 72dpi about 7.27 meg. * 12 (shot at 30 degrees each) Then to the stiching process. I use PanoramaStudio 2.0 Pro. I save it as a Jpeg. (I think I should save it as a .psd here)  The image size stiched is 15537x4439 @ 72DPI. Then I take into CS4 for any touch up at this time I resize to about 1200x350 because of size. I'm kind of worried of the end product size meg wise for web load time. What I don't do is save it to the Web and devices, I do a straight save to  jpeg again. Now I get into Tourweaver and put the tour together.

maxxnas I looked at your work and it is beautiful.

Your help would be appreciated.

Message posted by maxxnas on May-06-2010 at 8:42pm
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

My first virtual tours (back in the day) I shot with a Sony FD Mavica.  <-- Yes, it used a floppy disk to store the .jpgs.   I shot my images at 640 x 480 resolution and stitched them together.  My final stitch was resized to a height of 320px. It was your basic cylinder tour but even with a cheap camera and low resolution images my tours were still crystal clear.  Looking at your Balloon Tour I noticed several things....

Your approximate tour viewing window is 536px(w) x 432px(h).  This is also a partial cylinder tour.  If you are resizing your jpg to 350px(h) then you are forcing the viewer to stretch your image to cover the viewing area.  That's your main problem.  The are two things you can do to resolve this.   You can either downsize your final stitched jpg to the height of the viewer or make the viewer smaller to accomodate your reduced file size.  Without me seeing your final stitched results and your final resampled .jpg it's hard to say exactly.

If you continue having problems then I would suggest posting your stitched images somewhere so we can have a look at them.

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register