Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Making Virtual Tours true communication t Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by offliner63 on May-19-2010 at 3:54am
View offliner63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by offliner63 Search   Visit offliner63's Homepage www   Quote offliner63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
offliner63
Standard Member
Standard Member
Estonia
May-08-2009
23 Posts
Hi,

I got a request for a very interesting project, I forward the letter - what are your Ideas?

Currently we are working on a long term project for one of the big 3 auto makers. This project requires us to create Virtual Tours of the production lines all over the world. This project has proven to be a huge success within the engineering community. Overseas plants production lines are designed and sometimes built in the US. This results in engineers having to fly out of the country to review the line and take pictures that they are engineering. This is a huge cost to the Automakers.

The common request we get now is, how can we improve the communication between the plants beyond just pictures . They want to be able, both here in the state and overseas, to mark-up or document within the VT itself, i.e. add notes, highlight areas of interest on panos.

We currently use Tourweaver 5.0 and are very happy with the ease of use and the amount of photos that can be contained within the VT, we average about 350 panos per manufacturing line.

Does anybody know of anything in the works, or something that currently is available that has increased communication tools for our end user?

-------------
Marek
www.real24.ee
www.3dsolutions.eu

Message posted by nerjaace on May-19-2010 at 6:33am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi MK, surely your earlier post where you use a shopping mall as an example using CMS is your own answer?

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=5225&PagePosition=1

the only downside is that they woudl not be able to add their own hotspots etc.

Message posted by offliner63 on May-19-2010 at 5:21pm
View offliner63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by offliner63 Search   Visit offliner63's Homepage www   Quote offliner63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
offliner63
Standard Member
Standard Member
Estonia
May-08-2009
23 Posts
yes. you are right actually, I thought maybe we get some more interesting point of views.

In my mind the point is that we can mark all needed areas with hotspots and its opening a dialogbox where you can insert text,pixtures and it will go to database so someone ele who has access to db can see who and what notes have added and for which article.

-------------
Marek
www.real24.ee
www.3dsolutions.eu

Message posted by libero35 on May-22-2010 at 12:10pm
View libero35's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by libero35 Search   Quote libero35 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
libero35
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
May-22-2010
1 Posts
MK Hello, congratulations for the tour of the mall, I read your post in another of 350 Pano, the question is .. but are linked in the same project and if the answer is not very heavy Results precarious?
Thanks Angelo.

Message posted by rfh12002 on May-23-2010 at 9:59am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
I have to say this is a very interesting post.  One thing I thought about in the past which would be good would be to post 360 tours or scenes and let the end user on the website post comments - this would be really really great for holiday locations and would add a real 'community' feel - possibly even one which would help the tour website 'go viral'.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register