Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Quick Tips in Using Compass? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eagle on April-20-2004 at 2:21pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi ya folks,

Just got the pro package this weekend and able to get going on some projects already.

Quick question on the Compass.... it seems that the traditionals compass points don't work here. It's relative to the initial view of the scene according to the manual.

Is there an easy way to determine the direction in degrees without having to try multiple times to get it right or even close?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by VRtour.nl on April-20-2004 at 5:20pm
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Hi Eagle,

Take a look @ > >

with kind regards

Harry

Message posted by eagle on April-21-2004 at 8:51am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi Harry,

Awesome!

That's more that I ever imagined I'd get. The images depicting the compass settings help immensely.

Thanks to Bill Eburn for his info and thanks Harry for the quick reply.

Panoweaver, Tourweaver, and most importanly Customer Support are great!

r,
Eagle

Message posted by eagle on April-26-2004 at 11:25pm
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi,

I just upgraded from V1.10 to V1.20.

The Compass feature now uses a Pano picture to set the compass setting.

I thought "cool".  All I have to do now is set the Pano picture to match the start of the scene and that's it. 

But from what I've learned so far, where you set the Pano picture for compass setting does not match the Scene start.

Also, unlike V1.10, you cannot use the keyboard to type in the exact compass you want per the tip by Bill Eburn.

So, I need some help again please.

How does one use the compass setting easily and effectively?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by Long on April-27-2004 at 3:03am
View Long's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Long Search   Visit Long's Homepage www   Quote Long Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Long
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-10-2003
49 Posts

To set the initial angle, you should rotate the scene to the position that the right of the map orient.

For excample, if the right of your map is a window, you rotate the scene to the view showing the window. That's OK.

-------------
Easypano Observer

Message posted by eagle on April-27-2004 at 8:38am
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts

Hi Long,

Thanks for the tip.

Yes, that appears to be the trick to making the compass synchronize with the scene!

The Help File in TW mentions the new way of setting the compass settings visually vs. entering the setting in degrees.

BTW, image   compass_setting.jpg  in the TW Help File appears to be missing from the program.  It is a "broken" image when that page is shown.

Thanks again,
eagle 

Message posted by carol on April-28-2004 at 5:02am
View carol's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by carol Search   Quote carol Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
carol
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
April-21-2004
60 Posts

Hi eagle,the missing image compass_setting.jpg will be added in coming edition 1.25. Sorry for the mistake.

---------------------

Easypano support

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register