Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Google Maps Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on August-05-2010 at 10:08am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I started playing around wtih TW 6 Beta, and now have a question about Google Maps.

I got my API key from Google.

How/Where do you get the Longitude and Latitude coordinates from Google Maps so that the proper map location is displayed in the Google Map Viewer?

I've typed in an address in Google Maps, but can't locate these coordinates anywhere.

Thanks,

Rob

Message posted by nerjaace on August-05-2010 at 10:37am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Rob, if you go to Google Maps and find where you want to be then right click and select "whats here" you will see the Long Lat co-ordinates appear in the main bar.

Message posted by smooth on August-05-2010 at 10:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If you use a Nikon you could always add a GPS to it and it will add the GPS co-ords into the image EXIF data.

I currently use a Solmeta but there is a genuine Nikon model as well as the offering from www.promotesystems.com  

Just depends on how accurate you want to be or how good your memory is.

The other way is to use a mobile GPS logger or use your phone if it will tell you where you are located.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Rob63 on August-05-2010 at 11:05am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Thanks much.

All $$$ is tied up in Canon

My new phone might do the trick though.

Thanks,

Rob

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-05-2010 at 11:29am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I tried nerjaace method and it works like a charm but best suited for real estate type work. Of course that will not work very well if one is out shooting in the woods (outback).  

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on August-05-2010 at 12:29pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Rob63 on August-05-2010

All $$$ is tied up in Canon

Most of mine also Rob,

But I have the Nikon D300s just so I can help the Nikon customers along.

When shooting with the Canon's and I need the GPS data I use my iPhone and email the Co-Ords home with a brief description. Time Date Stamp from the image EXIF and email message line up also.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register