Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Quest game creation with TW Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by madmux on August-11-2010 at 3:43am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hello,

Ever wanted to create quest type game including real-world locations and characters? Or maybe - a guided tour where system remembers the scenes you visited and provides directions according to your actions?

Before taking a look at the example, please tell, how would you do it with TW?

There is a short video on my prototype:
http://www.arzinai.lt/turai/panogame/

How would You do such kind of a game with TW?

P.s.: where is no secret, i just want to hear your thoughts and insights without proposing specific solution.

Message posted by offliner63 on August-11-2010 at 12:35pm
View offliner63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by offliner63 Search   Visit offliner63's Homepage www   Quote offliner63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
offliner63
Standard Member
Standard Member
Estonia
May-08-2009
23 Posts
Fist I have to say that I cheated and looked your work before just to see what you think should be the outcome.

The tw has couple of functsions which make possible to produce such tour.

One idea what I have is to use different type of hotspots. Thsi means that if click a pop-up where you get the tip - opens next level of hotspots in tour which open different types of pop-ups with different info and options and using flash makes it look nice also.

I hope you get my point:)

-------------
Marek
www.real24.ee
www.3dsolutions.eu

Message posted by tblworld on August-19-2010 at 5:04am
View tblworld's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tblworld Search   Visit tblworld's Homepage www   Quote tblworld Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts

I had a look at your video and I think it is a very clever way of keeping the user interested in the tour. How did you do this? A though for you it could be possible for the user to play the game with pen and paper, putting clues together and working out puzzles; The Di vinci board game works in the same way as do I believe DVD games. Let me know how you get on I am interested feel free to contact me through my website www.tblvirtualliving.jimdo.com

Regards Brian Luke

Message posted by madmux on August-19-2010 at 12:17pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi there,

The approach is quite simple. I use flash applications which can be added into TV. Basicly it's client-server application.
All the logic is implemented server-side (using php) - it registers user actions (which areas user visited, what he is carrying, what user already did) and provide feedback.
Flash applications are requesting the information on users previous actions and are acting accordingly. These applications also send current user information (for example - which scene he is visiting now) to the server.

Basicly, for now, you have to be a programmer (or use one) to create such the thing.

Best wishes,
Tomas

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-19-2010 at 6:09pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Just had a quick peek and I LOVE the look of this.  I've thought about a multiple choice type thing on TW but it looked a bit clunky.  Yours looks great! I do hope I can get the hang of it at somepoint!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-19-2010 at 6:10pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

PS you might want to contact Carol at EP about this - she is very keen to hear of different approaches to using TW.

Thanks again for sharing.
Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register