Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Nearly transparent window on a skin Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on August-24-2010 at 1:16pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there,
I can't work out what this is called to search for it.  I'm looking to have a very slightly transparent part of my skin viewer window so that I can have the title of a scene on there (its only a one scene demo),

Ideally I'm looking for a kind of 'frosted glass' thing.  Is this possible and what terms would I search for on the forum?
Thanks

Forrest

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by madmux on August-24-2010 at 3:17pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi!

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve... Normaly, you should use .png image. You can create transparency for .png format (1 to 100%) for the whole image of for some parts. This thing is called alpha transparency. Many tools use 'opacity' term also.

best wishes,
Tomas

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-24-2010 at 4:11pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey thanks for that

I'm trying to make a skin thats basically just a tiny frame and the scene viewer.  Over part of that viewer I want to have a layer on the skin which is opaque but which has readable text.

Any ideas as to how I'd get a semi-opaque layer on a skin which goes over part of the scene viewer would also be really appreciated!
I've got TW5

thanks again Tomas

-------------

Message posted by madmux on August-24-2010 at 4:41pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
You are welcome :)

Is this kind of effect you want to create?
www.arzinai.lt/turai/veisiejai.jpg

If yes, then, i do something like this:

If you are using Adobe photoshop, then make one layer as background layer, fill it with white color and make it some 40% opacity (transpaerncy). Then make another layer and let it be (by default) 100% opacity and write there your text. Save it as .png format.

In TW5 you may create popup window, position it and assign baground image that .png file.

Sorry if i missunderstood your problem :)
Tomas

Message posted by madmux on August-24-2010 at 7:20pm
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
P.S. And... you also have to setup transparent popup window background color (white rectangle with striked red line) when using created semi-transparent image.

Message posted by mskp on August-24-2010 at 7:21pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!

Another way and using only TW tools is using "Text Areas". In this case two of them one over the other. The text area allows you to set an opacity, but as doing so will also fade out or reduce the opacity of the text, using only one is as far as I understood your question not what you are searching for. So create a text area setting the background opacity at lets say 50 for example or as low or high you need it to be set. Do not include a text in it, use it just as a background.

The text include it in the other text area you create. In this case the size has to be the same and it has to be placed exactly over the other, the first one. Under properties of the second one, choose no Background color nor Border color and set the opacity at 100.

Under "List Values" write the text you want to be shown. There you can have it linked to a scene, map, movie or to every scene, choosing "None" as source.

I hope this helps,

Martin

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on August-25-2010 at 12:59am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Thanks to madmux and mskp !

Clear and easy to use.

Regards,
Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-25-2010 at 12:28pm
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Cool - so much helpful info! Cheers guys n gals.  Will let you see the final results when I get them up and running.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register