Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tour within Tours -suggestions? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by nerjaace on September-04-2010 at 10:44am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi, I have a situation where I have many real estate properties but in each of the tours I want to feature another tour with a guide of the local town. I do not however want to open another browser window.

Because this tour of the town would be the same for each property I do not want to actually include all the panos within each property tour as it is so much duplication plus I would like to update and grow the town tour as time goes on and I do not want to republish all the property tours again to include the updated town tour.

What I did have in mind was to have a button in each property tour that opened a pop up with an SWF created from the town tour and in theory although not tested I should be able to update that swf file externally.

I have tried to create a very basic swf file just with a few panos and a scene selector. The swf work fine stanalone but when included in the pop up it simply does not work.

My other method I thought I could do as a work around was to have included in the pop up an IFrame which would link to a webpage showing my town tour. That in theory would work fine but does anyone know if it is possible or could be possible to add html code into that pop up window.

When I refer to pop up window I mean the pop up created within the tour not a javascript ugly pop up window.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Message posted by nerjaace on September-04-2010 at 12:31pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Another idea. Is it possible to create an IFrame within an swf?

Message posted by madmux on September-07-2010 at 8:48am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Of course for now it won't work. Basicly - because TW tours use the same (public) managers. In this case you should get adobe flash errors (if you have adobe flash debugger version installed). But EP could make it right. That would add nice opportunities.
Regarding IFrame. Yes - it could be done. You can interface with browser document window by executing javascript command (look for it in actions). On the other hand, you should a programmer (or hire one, or be yourself a programmer), because it is necessary to modify produced html code.
Yet another suggestion - maybe it is enough to open the new browser window with additinal pano?

Best wishes,
Tomas

Message posted by smooth on September-07-2010 at 9:47am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Should you build a tour with Pano2VR and place that .swf within the Tourweaver tour with say a pop-up window it will 100% work. Tested and proven. I have done this many times with Pano2VR tour within a Pano2VR tour. Easypano can easily adjust this so Tourweaver tour within a Tourweaver tour would work just the same.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by nerjaace on September-07-2010 at 1:48pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Smooth, I did ask EP about this and they replied:

"I am sorry that our software do not support include one tour within another tour.
This is a technical barrier which we are unable to get it throught in a short term.
But as this is an very important feature.we will spend more time and energy solving it.
We will let you know as soon as we have any news."

Hopefully it is something than can be resolved.

Message posted by smooth on September-08-2010 at 2:51am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Well, that is good news that they are working to solve it. It really shouldn't be all that difficult as others have sorted this some time ago now. When it is sorted you will them be able to add object.swf movies created with Modelweaver. Currently I use Object2VR .swf movies and they play just fine.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by nerjaace on September-12-2010 at 11:49am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
I have made some great progress on this:) I have had an swf created for me that opens a Bumpbox which i can link to another tour or whatever I want.

Here is the demo, click on the icon and then the blue circle.

Tour within Tour Example

A few issues I have which I am working on. Firstly if the original tour is playing (rotating) the Bumpbox really struggles to load so you have to "stop" the tour. This is the reason why I have had to have a button with an action applied to stop the tour and then open a pop up with the swf image which you then have to click. Naturally I will replace the blue circle with an nice image. Second issue that I am working on is that if you are in Full Screen and click the icon the bumpbox does open but underneath the full screen. I cannot apply an action to exit full screen because if you are not in Full screen it will put you in Full Screen. I am therefore trying to see if I can apply an "Esc" action to the swf script and see if that does the trick.

Anyways this does open up lots of potential especially if you have lots of scenes so looking forward to cracking it once and for all. It is a shame you cannot add actions to an swf, that would at least save me having to show it in a pop up.

Any further suggestions greatly appreciated.

Message posted by nerjaace on September-12-2010 at 1:15pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
An update: I was incorrect to say that you cannot apply an action to the swf. However if I apply the Action "Stop", you do not have a chance to let the action happen. As soon as you click on the swf it triggers its own script and does not apply the Stop action.

I did notice however that you can click around the transparency of the swf and that works but of course no one is ever going to know how to do that.

Message posted by smooth on September-12-2010 at 2:42pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Looks like good progress on your project.

I'm not seeing a reason for it at this stage but I'm sure I'll think of something. Being able to open the Bump Box I assume you can use all the normal Bump Box options like HTML, Images along with .swf etc? The Bump Box can call a remote file? If so that would be useful when files need updating.

Without thinking about it too hard I guess you are using the run script feature? 

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by nerjaace on September-12-2010 at 4:18pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Smooth, yes the bumpbox can act as it should so images, html, pdfs, movies etc.

My main reason for trying to do this is pretty straight forward. I have many rental properties to create and I have the need to have a tour included with each rental property tour of the local area. I have not finished the tour of the local area and it will grow with time and therefore what I have now is the facility to open this tour within a tour and it will always be updated as I grow it.

As it opens html I can include xml driven Google Maps, Google Street View, links to other tours, images etc.

Those that are concerned about TW only being able to have 200 panos this is a good work around, just needs a bit of thought into the menu of what you want to open.

All the script is held within the swf file with a few additions and modifications the the initial tour html.

Lots of potential :)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register