Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: what is loading in loading window? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by arnaud on September-24-2010 at 4:05pm
View arnaud's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by arnaud Search   Quote arnaud Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts

I have a very big project to publish next month. It includes about 40 panos and lots of other stuff like videos and about 15 pop up windows.

I need to reduce the loading time in loading window (first step when you load the tour) who is really too long right now.

Can someone help and tell me what parts are loading during the loading window step? So that i can optimize...

Message posted by arnaud on September-24-2010 at 4:13pm
View arnaud's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by arnaud Search   Quote arnaud Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts

So that you can figure out the problem, you can have a look on: http://www.en-3d.com/saint-cyr/maquette-sept/en-3dcom_cyr-maquette-juillet.html

The project is still under construction.

december 3 2010

Here is the published project: http://www.st-cyr.terre.defense.gouv.fr/ressources/visite_virtuelle/immersion-saint-cyr-en-3d.html

Message posted by nerjaace on September-24-2010 at 5:22pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Arnaud, I see what you mean it takes me about 5 secs to get to 53% and then takes a loooooooooooooooooooooong time to load after that.

My guess it could be the video but not sure, you must have a hefty few gigabytes here.

I would try stripping the video out just temoprarily to see.

Or it could be the image sizes maybe?

Message posted by nerjaace on September-24-2010 at 5:24pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
I should also say its worth the wait - very nice work

Message posted by arnaud on September-24-2010 at 6:31pm
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts

Thank you nerjaace for the compliment.

I guess that about 1 million people, maybe more, (in 3 years) can see this work IF... i can reduce the loading window time...

If EP's staff or any expert like YOU or SMOOTH can tell me what part of the tour are initially loading (loading window), i could work better on optimizating loading time wich is dramatically needed NOW.

Message posted by smooth on September-25-2010 at 7:02am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your tour takes over 3 minutes to show the first scene over my connection.

I would expect the skin and all elements to load along with the first scene before anything else. Other scenes should only start loading in the background after this.

Adding video adds another complication into the mix, as I'm not sure what or where the loading procedure is for these. I would have thought these would be a totally separate stream and independent to the tour itself.

The question are: How large is the first scene in megabytes? What is the starting/first panorama image in pixel size? Is there audio on the first scene? You appear not to be making use of the two stage display options for normal and fullscreen viewing. Doing so would reduce the time to initial display considerably.

It is hard to pass comment without having the project files and testing them. I suggest you build some testers and see where things slow down after adding components and scenes.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by arnaud on December-02-2010 at 7:39pm
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts

The project is now published:

http://www.st-cyr.terre.defense.gouv.fr/ressources/visite_virtuelle/immersion-saint-cyr-en-3d.html

Really better for shorter loading to take video and stuff out of the tour.

How do you experience the tour?

Message posted by donald on December-02-2010 at 10:45pm
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Arnaud ,

1.In loading window step TW is loading the skin and the first scene.

2.I have just viewed your tour it's beautiful and wonderful , but still takes a long time to load it and the loading of each scene is also very slowly. The reason is your tour is too large. I suggest you to add more bandwidth to your website and increase the loading speed of your website.It can help you to shorter the loading time of your tour.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by arnaud on December-03-2010 at 11:21am
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts

Donald,

this is the website of the customer: thr french army. :-))

Message posted by phoenixrising on December-03-2010 at 6:50pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hey Arnaud,

very nice photography. Crisp shots of the soldiers and good colour balance. Thats invariably hard to get right.

I like your use of pop ups and navigation. A minor niggle is that I have my mouse wheel set to zoom in going up and to scrole down going down which meant I had no other control on screen to zoom back out (or in). May be worth adding for usability reasons. It still does seem to take some time to load though... not quite the 3 mins ... but still fairly long.

Hey Easypano, could you just please confirm the loading process with TW 5/6. I've read various accounts but am still not 100% sure what the parametres are.
Loading TW loads skin and 1st scene... does it then load the others in sequence of.../ in the back ground...or only on demand... then stills... then videos... sound... or is video/sound also streamed or on demand? what about .flv files? i.e what is the given loading hierachy/comand structure?

Hey Smooth,

I've heard you mention th two stage option before... I think I was being a tad slow on the uptake last time you wrote about it. do you mean we should be loading given image and click option to display 75% of image via EP publishing options or rather that we should consider publishing two different pano file ourselves. 1 at say 3000x1500 0r 4000px2000 equi for a 900x600 initial viewer and larger 6000x3000 for full screen. Thus doing oyu're on sharoening etc instead of EP downsizing for you?

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register