Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Older tours in IE8 dont load. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by randalltomes on October-17-2010 at 9:54pm
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

A lot of older customers have come to me just recently asking me to fix an IE8 issue. This could be tourweaver 4 or 5. It was published a while back and am not sure which version it was.

View this link below with IE8 and the tour hangs on loading. In FireFox it works with no issues. I am hopping there is a swf or js file update like tourweaver has provided for with past updates because of browser changes.

http://www.professionalvirtualtour.com/SandCastles/408/View_3DImageTour.html

Message posted by pixelator on October-17-2010 at 10:33pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Loaded fine for me using IE8 (version 8.0.7600)
hung using FF (version 3.6.10)
hung using Chrome (version 6.0.472)
hung using Safari (version 5.0.2)

Flash player was updated to 10.1 not long ago.   You can read more about this update and the downloads from Easypano to correct it HERE

Message posted by randalltomes on October-17-2010 at 11:39pm
View randalltomes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by randalltomes Search   Visit randalltomes's Homepage www   Quote randalltomes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

It is the newest flash player 10,1,85,3 and was released on 9-20-2010.

The prior flash version works on FF but I just updated it and now it hangs also on FF.

This is a new issue then.  The link you gave above is from June and does not appear to be resolved for that issue anyway.

Does easypano know about this new issue with the latest Flash player?

I have no source files for some of the older jobs of mine. A mishap without a good backup system back then happened. Even if I did have the source files what a mess it would be to have to go back to re-publish many many jobs. In my case I would have to go back and reshoot 30 condos located all over Florida. Days worth of work just traveling. I hope easypano understands the legal and liability issues it would cause for us virual tour companies if easypano was to just walk away from this.

This has me concerned about the liability I am setting myself up for as I do more and more work. I know easypano is not responsible for changing technology but I hope they stand by and support their product for a reasonble amount of time since browsers are constantly changing. I would say 5 years would be reasonable. This has only been about 2 years old on some of these tours that are now not working.

Message posted by pixelator on October-18-2010 at 12:38am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

"This is a new issue then."

No, same issue.  There was a flash update back in June and it seems your just getting word from some of your clients that just updated.

"Does easypano know about this new issue with the latest Flash player?"

Yes, I pointed you to the links they provided.  Be sure to clear your cache!

HERE is a link that covers the flash update disscusion but in the end will point you to download the .swf from easypano.

"I have no source files for some of the older jobs of mine."

Easypano provided an updated .swf to correct the issues of the flash update.  In the end it is up to the end user to keep solid, dependable backups of the project files.

As for "legel" issues, I'll refer you to contact easypano with that.

I know and understand the frustration of clients calling informing their tours are not working.  This issue though has been discussed with the links I provided to you.  There was a flash update back in June that affected more .swf files than just those of easypano.  Not sure what else I can tell ya?

Message posted by randalltomes on October-18-2010 at 9:19am
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

Thanks, I will give that a try.

The possibility of legal issues I was referring to was in reference to our customers coming for us, the tour photographers, not easypano. 

This has happened before with flash and panoweaver's published files about a year ago. I had no idea Adobe has made Flash so unstable now. Has easypano thought of a Silverlight alternative? Adobe has a horrible track record with keeping their products backward compatible. Microsoft has a better track record with backward compatibility considerations for framework platforms.

Message posted by randalltomes on October-18-2010 at 11:44am
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

This is not resolved yet.
I downloaded tw3 standard and processed a sample tour. It works. But in trial mode only. I put my tw3 standard key in and it does not except it.
I took the swf from the sample tour and put it into my old tour that was done in tw3 standard and I get this.
http://www.professionalvirtualtour.com/SandCastles/408alt3/view_3dimagetour.html
The loading screen runs ok but the tour is blank white.

I downloaded the swf files from
http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=5295&PagePosition=2
The links to tw3 standard rar files are dead. The links to tw3 pro rar files are good and appear to have 2 swf files in the rar file. So I used the one not marked with "p" at the end of the name thinking this must be the standard swf file for tw3 standard and the one marked p is for Pro.
Here is the result of that. Has the same loading issue. Stops at 20%.
http://www.professionalvirtualtour.com/SandCastles/408alt5/view_3dimagetour.html

I even took the .js file from the sample tour of tw3 trial and that did not help either.

I cleared all cache serveral times also between each test.

Message posted by smooth on October-18-2010 at 11:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Download the most current build of your Touweaver version that you have a license for (and that these tours were built using). Use the .swf files from it.

http://www.easypano.com/download_tw300.html

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by randalltomes on October-18-2010 at 12:35pm
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

do I need to release the license for my tw5 maybe?

I have a valid license for tw3 standard but it will not except it. I keep all my emails thanks to gmail making it so easy to find. I have not used tw3 in years though. I had to install it last night. The tw4 installed worked with my tw4 license. I released tw4 license but that did not help for tw3.

Message posted by smooth on October-18-2010 at 1:55pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can log-in to your User Panel at the top of this page and see your purchased products. It might be a case of your license still being associated with an older computer? Either way, contact Easypano directly support@easypano.com

I'm sure they can fix it up for you.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by randalltomes on October-18-2010 at 10:06pm
randalltomes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-20-2007
61 Posts

I have contacted support and I have not heard back. The sent an auto message teilling me to get the latest code and the the ticket was resolved. No it is not resolved.

There may be a simple swf file that could fix this. No one can post this simple swf. TW3 product offline registration has a bug in it and  I can not get past it. I have emailed support@easypano.com. I have gone thru the support forms on easypano. Nothing has worked. In fact if someone from easypano would bother to read the replies on http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=5295&PagePosition=2
 they will see nothing has worked for those poor people either. The issues I am having are identical to the ones on that forum topic. It is like dealing with people that are not of sound mind or something.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register