Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver 6 Video Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360tacticalvr on October-18-2010 at 5:00pm
View 360tacticalvr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360tacticalvr Search   Visit 360tacticalvr's Homepage www   Quote 360tacticalvr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360tacticalvr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
September-30-2010
12 Posts
Hi can someone conform the video format used for video popup windows? I believe the only format is Flash (.flv). So no .avi, .wmv, .mov etc?

Andrew Baddeley
www.360tacticalvr.com

Message posted by smooth on October-19-2010 at 2:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It is not only pop-up windows, but anywhere on the stage. Tourweaver requires "if" using the add Video option for the video to be in .flv format. If you use the add Flash option you can use .swf only but the .swf can be a wrapper for a .flv. So you actually have three options for adding video.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by 360tacticalvr on October-19-2010 at 2:44pm
View 360tacticalvr's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360tacticalvr Search   Visit 360tacticalvr's Homepage www   Quote 360tacticalvr Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360tacticalvr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
September-30-2010
12 Posts
Thanks Smooth. I've been testing various FLV converters to find something that will allow source content to be converted for inclusion.

AB

Message posted by smooth on October-19-2010 at 2:45pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Go straight to www.increditools.com

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by 360tacticalvr on October-23-2010 at 9:09am
360tacticalvr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
September-30-2010
12 Posts
Thanks - I used www.imtoo.com

AB

Message posted by thedhgroup on October-25-2010 at 10:25pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
Smooth, I just tried some tests with TW6 relative to adding video to a pop up window. My observations are as follows:

When adding a .flv:
The autoplay works if needed. The init image also works if autoplay is not selected but the finish image will not display (bug?). Also the timeline on the "standard" video toolbar won't move (bug?). If I close the pop up window and open it again the video won't play from the beginning. If the video actually ended, the slider is still at the beginning and if I drag it to the right the video starts playing again (very goofy).

When adding a .swf:
This may be a better solution if the video is short. Using increditools I was able to make a nice looking player in no time at all. Even though I selected "start after 5 min" when creating the .swf it still has to fully download before it plays. Another thing is that if I close the pop up window that shows the .swf the sound still plays.

I'm looking to get a good user experience from TW6 and the use of videos here and there but I just can't see how I can pass anything to a client with the current behavior. I kinda thought the bugs in TW5 would have been fixed in TW6 but it seems things have gone backwards. (the timeline slider worked in TW5)

Suggestions?

Thanks,

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by smooth on October-26-2010 at 1:45am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

On .FLV

I just tested a .flv in one of my project files.

I have an initial image and it displays correctly. I click it and the .flv starts playing. If I watch it to the end I do not get a finish image and cannot restart the movie unless I leave the scene and come back to that scene again. If I do this I get the init image again ready to play.

If I leave the scene with the .flv movie still playing and then return to the scene the movie has stopped and the inti image is showing ready to go again.

Clicking on the playing .flv movie pauses the movie.

I cannot get the "Standard" player bar to display at all in a preview or once published. Though I can see it in the GUI. This is with TW Build 6.00.101018.

My tests were on a main scene and not pop-up window.

On .SWF

.swf files do not stream "if" they are a self contained file and not a wrapper to a .flv so setting a delay will not do anything. I assume you meant 5 sec not 5 Min?

.swf files do not stop playing (video or sound) unless you click an action to stop it.

If you wish to use with a delay you will need to output from Increditools Flash Video Studio a .flv with .swf wrapper. The .flv file will need to be placed in the tours root directory and NOT with the .swf file (which is unusual) but will have to do with the way Tourweaver configures the published tour.

Conclusion:

• No "Finish" image showing at the end of .flv play = BUG
  • No "Standard" timeline bar display in preview of publish = BUG

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by madmux on October-26-2010 at 7:36am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Quote: When adding a .swf:
This may be a better solution if the video is short. Using increditools I was able to make a nice looking player in no time at all. Even though I selected "start after 5 min" when creating the .swf it still has to fully download before it plays. Another thing is that if I close the pop up window that shows the .swf the sound still plays.
Kinda thought the bugs in TW5 would have been fixed in TW6 but it seems things have gone backwards. (the timeline slider worked in TW5)

A lot of true things Smooth had written already. I just want to add that the behavior you described are not the bugs of TW5. TW just can't control external application behavior. So, it can't stop a video which is being played in external .swf application.
Actually there is a way to solve this. But this must be solved on the video player software creator side (not EP). The creator should declare external interface callback function such as "stopVideo" and the we could controll the behavior by executiong simple javascript commands on close event action.
If someone has good relations with software creators you might ask them to do this as adding such feature is an easy thing, doesn't require lot of work and... probably it would result in more clients as one of the major obstacles would be removed.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by thedhgroup on November-01-2010 at 10:08pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
Smooth had mentioned Increditools for creating a flash video player. I'm pretty sure they don't have an API for the callback fuction but I asked anyway. I await their response.

In the mean time I've investigated a player that does indeed have a javascript API and I think I could get that to work if I knew how to tell the player.swf to play video.flv in the first place. Somehow the increditools player knows how to do this without throwing an argument to the .swf.    Well, If I can figure out how to stop and rewind a video then I guess I can get it to play in the first place. More sleepless nights to follow - all this just to get the sound to stop when a popup window is closed... sigh...

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by thedhgroup on November-01-2010 at 11:26pm
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
One more thought. I would not mind just using the .flv player that comes with TW.

It has a play and stop button - which is good.

The sound stops when closing the pop up window - this is good.

I can set it to autoplay - which is great.

The only thing I need at this point is a rewind button or "start from beginning" button. I figured out that if you click the stop then play it is as good as a rewind. Which is odd because if you stop then play it should pick up where you stopped it. Along with all the other actions within our use perhaps adding play, stop and rewind video to the list would be great. This way we won't have to fiddle with .swf players and callback functions.

EP can you comment on this? Having good video playback in addition to a good 360 experience is holding back some of my projects now.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register