Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: webpage embeded in popup window? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tomax on October-22-2010 at 2:05am
View tomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tomax Search   Quote tomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tomax
Standard Member
Standard Member

January-24-2009
120 Posts
I would like to create a new popup windows in tw6 and to insert a webpage (ex: www.exemple.com)... without opening standard browser window. Is that possible?

Message posted by donald on October-22-2010 at 4:22am
View donald's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donald Search   Visit donald's Homepage www   Quote donald Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donald
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
October-22-2010
114 Posts

Hello Tomax,

The answer is "YES" ! Only 3 simple steps:-)

Step one: create a pupwindow

Step two:add a text to the pupwindow and type the webpage(ex: http://www.123456789.com) in the hint box

step three:click the preview button to preview.

-------------
This is donald from easypano,welcome you to use our products and visit our forum.

Message posted by smooth on October-22-2010 at 8:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

What?

Please explain this (Better) and show a working example.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by offliner63 on October-22-2010 at 9:02am
View offliner63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by offliner63 Search   Visit offliner63's Homepage www   Quote offliner63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
offliner63
Standard Member
Standard Member
Estonia
May-08-2009
23 Posts
I did not understand that as well:) Actually I have upcoming project where I need this function as well. I talked to my programmer and he said it possible to make it similar to what we did in this project
http://virtuaaltuur.virukeskus.com/en
(if you go inside and open stor info hotspots)

will let you know how it goes.

-------------
Marek
www.real24.ee
www.3dsolutions.eu

Message posted by madmux on October-22-2010 at 2:13pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Actually, the code above doesn't open webpage in a popup window, but does something more.
When executing getAjaxContent it executes the function which gets the specific content from the website (the parameter must be some article's to be displayed id).
In order to open a website in a popup window you can use simpler approach:
1) In the tour html page you need to create container which contains iframe with website's address and set the container to be invisible, some kind of:
<div id="popup" style="display: none;"><iframe ....></div>
2) upon some event to execute javascript: getElementById("popup").style.display = "block";
3) upon some other event to close popup window executing: getElementById("popup").style.display = "none";

If you'll try this approach, then keep in mind that this is the idea which should work, but i didn't checked the syntax which might be a little incorrect.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2010 at 4:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

While the suggestions are valid. The question being posed is can you call an external .html page into a Tourweaver Pop-Up window? Not a new browser window.

Much like you can call a Google map into a Pop-Up window people would like to call "any" .html of their choice into the same. Even if it is limited to "some" html tags and not all.

At least this is how I read the question being asked by Tomax. Basically a chromeless .html window with Flash.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by madmux on October-23-2010 at 5:02am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
I'll try to answer the questions on what is possible:
1) "can you call an external .html page into a Tourweaver Pop-Up window?"
No, technicaly it is impossible. Flash has an html renderer, but with very minimal capabilities, basicly it can render paragraphs, make text bold, italic, it can align text and include pictures. Nowehere near rendering full-featured html page.
But there are some workarounds... (read further)

2) "can you call an external .html page into <skip> the same window? Not a new browser window."
Yes, you can do some trick to make user actually think that the displayed website resides actually in a tourweaver popup window. Also the approach i described above is about displaying external website in the same TW window. When using javascript which can be called from TW you are also capable to position external website for the specific TW popup position. An example is here:
http://www.themidnightcoders.com/blog/2006/12/mixing-html-and-flex-using-iframe.html

P.S.: While we have a lot of possibilities and layered (flash/html) solutions might look nice, all the approaches suffer from performance, accessibility problems. So, the best approach would be some alternative:
* use popup in a new browser window;
* create a flash app to read external content (for example using rss) and render it nicely.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by smooth on October-23-2010 at 5:32am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Great!

But that is a long way from Donald of Easypano suggested. I guess he was suggesting only the way to offer a hyperlink and this bought about the confusion.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on October-28-2010 at 3:02am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Donald,

Probably a good idea to fix your signature!

Actually the sentence is some good Chinglish

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register