Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: CGI and TW Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Crafty on November-03-2010 at 5:20am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
Hi All

I'm a long time user of TW products and like the new additions coming in. I have a new project with a real estate renovation company. I already do their vt's floor plans and stills but now they have asked if I can do some sort of CGI images. Basically they renovate old properties and want to show how the property "could" look after their work to help sell the house.
I have never done any AutoCAD work so dont have the software and think it may be way over the top for what I need. Is there any other software out there that any of you have experience with. I'm looking for something that will produce a still image of a room for which I will already have a photo and dimensions. For example a kitchen shown with new units, cooker, painted walls in a different colour, floor coverings etc.
The ability to produce a "fly thru" is not necessary but would be a bonus and also something that I could tie in with a Tourweaver VT would be good.
I am relatively quick to learn and am pretty tech savvy but as usual dont have an enormous budget for new software, but am willing to spend a few hundred if its the right product.
I did think about trying with photoshop (which I already have) but reckon it would be way too time consuming as it's not really designed for that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance

Message posted by willie on November-03-2010 at 6:08am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Crafty,

What comes to my mind is Sketchup. I have used this before and might be what you're after. There is a feature called Photo Match where you can draw out the photo. These youtube videos might help explain better. Link1 Link2

Hope this is useful.

Willie

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on November-03-2010 at 7:43am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts
Waow !

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

Message posted by Crafty on November-03-2010 at 8:40am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
Thanks Willie - I'll take a look right now!

Message posted by madmux on November-03-2010 at 9:46am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Nice Willie, will try this feature of google sketchup.

BTW, Crafty, if you do 3d models for floor plans, it's a good thing to keep them. Might be usefull for the future. I experimented a bit on putting 3d models on a google map. Take a look here:
http://www.virtualivizija.lt/en/google-maps
The last example: move and rotate google maps around to see a 3d model combined with maps in action.

Also, like Crafty, i experimented on exporting already created house 3d model to the spherical image map (usual stitched image). Didn't succeed to get a good result in a short time, but i saw that 3d studio max can import autocad project and also can create panorama image. Didn't try it though.
If someone knows how to do it the right way, it would be nice to read :)

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by Crafty on November-03-2010 at 11:07am
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
Madmux
Great ideas - i especially like the Daugirdas Hotel vt you have done. How did you produce the page turning effect menu/wine list if I may ask?

Cheers
Crafty

Message posted by arnaud on November-03-2010 at 2:06pm
View arnaud's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by arnaud Search   Quote arnaud Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
arnaud
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
May-31-2007
17 Posts
I guess that the page turning effect is made with a pageflip application and embed in tw as swf.

Message posted by madmux on November-03-2010 at 5:09pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Arnaud is right. I found in internet open source page flip (also it is called flipping book) Flex (actionscript) project, recoded to suit my needs, embedded all the graphics (so that it could work also in exe) and compiled evrything to .swf application.
You might look in internet for appropriate solutions (googling for some "flipping book swf creator" or similar), also you may contact me (i'll search that code) if you would like to do it my way.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by Crafty on November-16-2010 at 8:58am
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
For anyone interested I have found a very good free open source program to generate images. Very easy to use and produces nice images with sunlight/lighting/reflections and effects etc.
After a few hours play I managed to produce something like
this image
Also it can generate a fly through
But more importantly to me it also creates spherical images suitable for direct input to TW so you can make a tour like this
Good for doing a before and after!

Message posted by DominiqueGEORGE on November-16-2010 at 9:16am
View DominiqueGEORGE's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DominiqueGEORGE Search   Visit DominiqueGEORGE's Homepage www   Quote DominiqueGEORGE Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DominiqueGEORGE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Belgium
August-19-2009
285 Posts

Crafty ... any idea of the name of that famous product ... ??? [;)]

Dominique

-------------
Nikon D300s - Nikor 10.5 - (PW7 Pro + TW6 Pro) - W7 Ultim - DELL Prceision M6400 (Quad Core - 8GB - 2x160GB-SSD)

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register