Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: .flv file in Pop-Up Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Reggie on November-19-2010 at 3:34pm
View Reggie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Reggie Search   Visit Reggie's Homepage www   Quote Reggie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Reggie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
25 Posts

Can you play a .flv video in a pop-up window in TW 6?  If so, is there a way to control its action so that it plays and disappears before the general slide show is launched?

Message posted by standbyme on November-20-2010 at 6:45am
View standbyme's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by standbyme Search   Quote standbyme Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
standbyme
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-18-2010
6 Posts

Hi Reggie,

A temporarily solution is to convert the .fla video in to .swf ones, and add it as simple popup.

But, there's a problem. If you decide to close the popup window before the video finishes, its audio does not stop.

So it will be necessary that TW guys create an action that stops the swf video audio when one close the popup window.

Message posted by nerjaace on November-20-2010 at 12:20pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Reggie, yes you can play a .flv in a pop up no problem. The only thing that it cannot do is automatically start the slide show after it finishes.

The only workaround is to have the pop up appear initially (i.e do not hide) and set the actions to pause the slide show. You will need a button on the pop up window to apply an Action to close the pop up and then start the slide show. Not ideal I know but worth a try.

Message posted by Reggie on November-21-2010 at 6:08am
View Reggie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Reggie Search   Visit Reggie's Homepage www   Quote Reggie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Reggie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
25 Posts

Thanks to both for the replies.  Nerjaace, I do not see where to control "actions" for the slide show.  When working in the "Main Window" the "actions' tab at bottom is not manifest.  Also, if I go to "Object" tab on right, and highlight "Scene Viewer," there are still no actions to control that I can see.  How do you pause the slide show?

Message posted by nerjaace on November-21-2010 at 8:35am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Reggie, you can only apply actions to buttons and hotspots etc. When you create a pop up window you can pretty much put anything in that window. i,e an image, flv video or swf. You can place buttons within the pop up and apply various actions to that button. The most common I guess being Close Pop up. Images can also have actions applied to them so many users would use an image to suggest the closing of the pop up and apply the appropriate action.

You can set your slide show NOT to play automatically on start up. You can have pop up automatically appear on start up and with a button applied the viewer can close the pop up and you can have the slide show start.

Basically you can apply multiple actions to a button so you can get it to close the pop up and also start the slide show at the same time.

In the example below you will see that I have a pop up at the beginning of the tour. I could if I wanted have the slide show not start until the pop up is closed.
Pop Up Example

Please come back if you need help.

Message posted by Reggie on November-22-2010 at 7:07am
Reggie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
25 Posts

Thank you Nerjaace!  Very nice project.  I like the animation of the logo.  I am starting to understand about the buttons and actions.  One problem that I am having is that the video in my pop-up window has its own music track, so it prevents me from using the general tab in publish to apply one looped music file to the entire project.  Anyway, getting closer to figuring it out.  I appreciate your help very much!

Cheers,  Reggie

Message posted by Reggie on November-22-2010 at 7:19am
Reggie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-08-2010
25 Posts
Nerjaace, you did it!  By turning off autoplay in the Publish tab and turning on Autoplay in the video window, I am able to reach my goal by using a couple of buttons.  Yee Hah!

Message posted by nerjaace on November-22-2010 at 3:03pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
We like Yee Hahs!! :)

Message posted by madmux on November-22-2010 at 4:42pm
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
BTW, very nice tour, interface and integrations naejaace! :thumbsup: :)

-------------
My Tourweaver components: http://www.optitecha.lt/categories/3

Message posted by phoenixrising on November-23-2010 at 5:45pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Gotta be said, mate... very nice... am only getting back into Panoramics after a wee bit of a break and apprecaitting the changes.

Hey how did you create the google elements and their prsentation? Is it Pop over window with a .swf... I'm still learning about flash and .swf files... sigh.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register